cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to supress target side mandatory node

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Can any throw some light on this plese, How to supress mandatory (1..Unbound) on Target side.

Great help to me!!

Regards

San

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean by suppressing the mandatory field? Do you mean that if the field is blank, don't send it to target? Please elaborate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

You are right. Target side one of the header nodes say A is 0..unbound, to this header node there is one sub node with 1..unbound. This target node(A) has to generate when the souce side has got vlaue to this node, if not this header node (A) shouldn't appear on target side.

Please give me your idea on this!!

Many Thanks

Regards

San

Former Member
0 Kudos

San,

Use if-else along with UDF / createif standard function to achieve this functionality.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please put in one exmple please? I am not clear? Where to use "creatif"

Regards

San

Former Member
0 Kudos

> You are right. Target side one of the header nodes say A is 0..unbound, to this header node there is one sub node with 1..unbound. This target node(A) has to generate when the souce side has got vlaue to this node, if not this header node (A) shouldn't appear on target side.

You need to put conditions on header node A based on source field value.

For example let's say source field is Field1 and based on the value of this field you need to produce the header node A.

So for this do your mapping like this..

IF(WithoutElse) ---> Not ---> Field1 ---> equalS (Empty) ---> Then --->map and empty constant to ---> NodeA.

Apply the same logic to the sub node and map the acutal source field value rather mapping an empty constant as you did above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

San,

Refer Sarvesh's reply. In my previous reply, I had meant similar approach.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> San,

> >

> >

> > Refer Sarvesh's reply. In my previous reply, I had meant similar approach.

> >

> >

> > Regards,

> > NeeteshHi Guys,

Please have a look the both structures and give me your idea on this!!

Source

ROOT	Complex Type		
OUTPUT	                     Element		0..unbounded
TRANS_HEADER	Element		0..unbounded
SET_ID	                     Element	xsd:string	0..1
H01_XQ	                     Element		0..unbounded
XQ01	                     Element	xsd:string	0..1
XQ_Y2K_D                      Element	xsd:date	0..1
Group_N1	                   Element		0..unbounded
H02_N1	                     Element		0..1
N101	                     Element	xsd:string	0..1
Group_LIN	                   Element		0..unbounded
   D01_LIN	                     Element		0..unbounded
      LIN02	                     Element	xsd:string	0..1
   D01_PO4	                     Element		0..unbounded
      P0401	                     Element	xsd:integer	0..1
   D01_N9	                     Element		0..unbounded
     N901	                     Element	xsd:string	0..1
 Group_ZA	                   Element		0..unbounded
     D02_ZA	                     Element		0..unbounded
        ZA01	                     Element	xsd:string	0..1
        ZA_Y2K_D                        Element	xsd:date	0..1
S01_CTT	                     Element		0..unbounded
CTT01	                     Element	xsd:integer	0..1

Target Structure:

p1:ProductActivityNotification	Element	
MessageHeader	                     Element	1
ProductActivity	                     Element	1
ValidityPeriod	                     Element	0..1
SubcontractingIndicator	 	Element         0..1
BuyerParty	                                           Element	0..1
VendorParty	                                           Element	0..1
ProductRecipientParty	                      Element	0..1
InboundDeliveryReference	Element	0..unbounded
Item	                                           Element	1..unbounded
PromotionSalesTimeSeries	                      Element	0..1
           ValidityPeriod	                      Element	1
                Quantity	                      Element	1

If ZA01 = 'QS' we need to produce target node "PromotionSalesTimeSeries" else shouldn't.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Stefan said correctly if nodes are mandatory then there is no meaning to suppress them, they are ment to have some value all the time.

So for your requirement what you can do is, first change the occurrance of ALL mandatory fields to 0.. unbound or 0..1 under "PromotionSalesTimeSeries" node and then use below logic..

IF(WithoutElse) ---> ZA01 ---> equalS (QS) ---> Then ---> ZA01---> PromotionSalesTimeSeries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is for SNC integration. We can't change target messages. These messages are SAP existed content and in SNC SWCV.

Thanks

San

Former Member
0 Kudos

> This is for SNC integration. We can't change target messages. These messages are SAP existed content and in SNC SWCV.

The logic which I have given will work for both mandatory and nonmandatory fields. So try it and let us know..

One more thing before you start the testing make sure all mandatory fields are either mapped or disabled otherwise you will get error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

The logic which you have explained is not working. The source side field ZA01 is always exist and comes with many type of values like QA,QD,QN,QS etc.,, only thing is if this ZA01 values comes with QS, then only we need to generate target node.

Many Thanks for your support.

Regards

San

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
only thing is if this ZA01 values comes with QS, then only we need to generate target node.

What should be done when no ZA01 is equal to QS? In that case you have to map the target field with some value (like constant)

IfWithoutElse will fail in this case....use IfWithElse and map the constant to the else part.

The source side field ZA01 is always exist and comes with many type of values like QA,QD,QN,QS etc.,, 

Ensure that you set the Context of the source node propperly

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

The target node is like this

<Promotional Sales Time Series> 0..1

<Item> 1..unbound

<ValidPeriod> 1..1

<StartDate> 0..1

<EndDate> 0..1

<Quantity> 1..1

<UnitCode> optional (Attribute)

The top node i put the conditions like what you said.

if ZA01 = QS , then pass context ZA01 --> PromotinoalSalesTimeSerice, else constant to this .

The same condition applied for <Item>

I did the same thing to <ValidPeriod> and <Quantity> too. There is an error message shows,

/ns0:Messages/ns0:Message1/ns2:ProductActivityNotification/ProductActivity/Item[3]/PromotionSalesTimeSeries/Item/ValidityPeriod. Values missing in queue context. Target XSD requires a value for this element, but the target-field mapping does not create one. Check whether the XML instance is valid for the source XSD, and whether the target-field mapping fulfils the requirement of the target XSD

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The If condition is not able to return a value (either out of then or else) ....you can check this by right-click...display queue.

Are you sure that if the then condition is not satisfied, the else part is populated with the constant value properly? Either of the queue should have a valid value.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> The logic which you have explained is not working. The source side field ZA01 is always exist and comes with many type of values like QA,QD,QN,QS etc.,, only thing is if this ZA01 values comes with QS, then only we need to generate target node.

Check this blog:

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/01/09/the-use-of-suppress-in-the-xi-30-graphical-mapping-tool

Now the description of your problem is now totally different of what you have written originally.

When you are not able to describe your issue in detail and ask something not relevant, you will not only get no valuable response, you also waste the time of the people trying to answer you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Sarvesh,

>

> The logic which you have explained is not working. The source side field ZA01 is always exist and comes with many type of values like QA,QD,QN,QS etc.,, only thing is if this ZA01 values comes with QS, then only we need to generate target node.

>

> Many Thanks for your support.

>

> Regards

>

> San

The logic given by me will work but now you are saying something else... So do some small change in the logic and add RemoveContext just after IfWithoutElse output and it will work for sure..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Use MapwithDefault in Node Functions. if source values come, then it will passed to target node, other default value wil be passed to Target.

Regards,

R.Ragu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the condition to header node saying

if (source field value )->exists->map constant value (use if-then condition for the header node)

Now apply the same condition for the Sub-node with same source fileds value.

Regards,

Sainath Chutke

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Can any throw some light on this plese, How to supress mandatory (1..Unbound) on Target side.

When it is mandatory, then you cannot suppress it.

That is why it is mandatory.

Check data type when you want it optional.