SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure Contract Accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to create a Contract account and post the line items to it. created contract account on caa1 tcode. but coudn't post the items to it. do i need to create a gl account and assign to that contract account.

if anyone can guide me or post me the steps to create a contract account pls.

your suggestions are appreciated suitably.

regards,

Uday

4 REPLIES 4

former_member215295
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

You will create contract account through CAA1, there are various ways contract account will get posted from billing, invoicing , manual transactions etc , for all the mains and sub transactions GL 's should be determined .

regards,

VR

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to first configure the main and subs for the company code, the contract account belongs to in the following SPRO path-

IMG->Financial Accounting->Contract AR&P->Basic functions->Posting&Documents->Document->Maintain Document Assignments->Define Account Assignments for Automatic Postings->Maintain Transactions for IS-U->Maintain Transactions for Other Receivables.

Remember to configure the main\subs for the company code at contract account level (division-independent)

After , you have performed the above activity, you need to maintain the GL account assingment of main\subs through t.code EK01 and EK02 respectively.

String fro EK01-Company code, Account determination ID, main transaction, Debtors account...

String for EK02-Company code, Account determination ID, main transaction, subtransaction, revenue account.....

Here also configure the main\subs for the company code at contract account level (division-independent).

After you have performed the above activity, go to t.code FPE1 to post a document aginst the CA using the particular set of main\sub.

Hope it helps.....

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thank You Amlan,

thanks for your explanation and tcodes as well. points awarded.

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thanx for nice replies.

regards,

uday