cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

They FINALLY fixed this....better user event handling in HCM P&F

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I griped about how bad this sucked way back in one of my original blogs (the "Gotchas" one) and they are just NOW fixing it at least a little bit.....geeez!!! Saw this today....

Note 1485956 - Optimization in user events - avoid calling all services

Basically, the stupid dispatcher code no longer adds in fields "for you" that in turn leads to all other services you DO NOT want called in your user event to be called. A little late...but nice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's not perfect but you have to admit it is a very nice product by comparison. But it is good to see SAP responding to some of our suggestions for improving the product.

Derrick

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

VERY FAR FROM FIXED AND WORKING PROPERLY .....as far as what I would like.....but it is a lot better (as it should have been when I FIRST told them it sucked for that very reason in EhP2....but oh well). haha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solomon, maybe we should have had you write HCM PF? Surely it would have been better!!!! haha

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andrew....please don't get me wrong...I don't dislike ALL of HCM P&F.....I just like some parts better than others. haha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, nothing in SAP is perfect! I hear you there pal. Which is why we should have had you rewrite it. You could make it perfect!!!

akimol
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey Chris,

Does this also mean I do not have add those extra fields (PERNR, MASSN, MASSG) to every Backend service operation for the "disappearing PERNR".

BTW.. I have faced disappearing LEAD_OBJECT situation also but similar fix did not work for it. Had to do something else for it.

~Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good to hear user event is now working properly.