cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatical email to report transport status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

we are using solution manager to control our transport. My question is, is there any possibility to send automatical email, which contains the import status of the transport (the content of the import history). We need it to inform our development team whether the transports are imported correctly.

Thanks and regards

Tao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tao,

i think Solmaniac solution is a good option to consider. If you still want an automated mail sent after import of Transport Requests so no possible human error is done by IT administrator you can implement a badi that is called after each import

1. this badi has to be implemented in satellite system

2. Does nt have to do anything with ChaRM and Solman. Description of Transport Requests will still let you know about the link Solman ticket - Transport requests

This badi is available in SE19 and is called CTS_IMPORT_FEEDBACK. Methid that you could use is FEEDBACK_AFTER_IMPORT

you ll find all info you need in passed parameter REQUESTS; where you ll have details about TR Number, Ret Code of Import, Target System, Owner of TR, CTS Project (so Solman Project and Maintenance Cycle) ...

Hope this helps !

Regards

Khalil

0 Kudos

can you give me code to it when tr is imported i need to send an email with simple line using badi cts_import_feedback.

Former Member
0 Kudos

See https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-113291 for a description of how to get to the CCMS Alert Monitor from TMS. From there, you can assign an auto-reaction method in the standard manner.

Regards,

Sean

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, there is no standard way of achieving this. Here is my recommendation:

If you are using ChaRM it is the IT Operator's responsibility to confirm that the transports went into the production system ok (i.e. reviewing the import history, etc). I wouldn't think you would want this step in the change control process automated by ChaRM. However, when they set the status of the ChaRM correction to "Production" this is the indication that everything went OK. Set up an automatic email notification that is triggered when the Production status is set and have it fire off to the developers.

Hope this helps