cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update via XI ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear XI experts;

I have tried to configure the File->RFC->File Scenario outlined in the Blog /people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit succesfully.

I am trying to send data to an RFC synchronously from a file. The response I would like to send to SAP R3.

Scenario (see this link)

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3087/1595/1600/sapxi.jpg

Flat file -> xi->file (keys) mapping getdetail-RFC (request)->getdetail-RFC(response) + Flat file (update fileds) mapping Modify IDoc -> send target system (SAP) .

Can anyone tell me what I can do to resolve this issue.

Message Interfaces?

BPM Steps?

…..

Please advice

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you getting any error here ?

BPM steps will be like this-

1) Recieve the File message

2) Send the File Message synchronously ( Assuming File Input Mapping and RFC request Mapping + RFC response mapping is done outside the BPM)

3) Recieve the Response and Execute the Transformation step, where Mapping is modified.

4) Send the data ( Modified data and Idoc is mapped outside the BPM)

Hope this will help to achieve the same

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

Thank you for the BPM steps, and how can I implement the Message Interfaces ?

1. Abstract Asynchron ( GetDetail)

2. Abstract Asynchron ( Modify IDoc)

3. Outbound Asynchron ( Send File )

4. Abstract Asynchron ( Send File )

5. ?

6. ?

Regards,

Fth

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

1) Outbound Async Interface of File Type

2) Absract Interface of same File Type

3) Abstract Interface to get the Response back from RFC ( structure is depends on the your response)

4) Modify Abstract Interface ( i.e this is output of modified mapping with the RFC response)

As I think, you can sedn this modified interface from the BPM, and you can map with Idoc interface outside the BPM. so no need of Idoc abstract Interface.

Try it out, hope it suffice..

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

3) Abstract Interface to get the Response back from RFC ( structure is depends on the your response)´

synchron or asynchron?

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abstract Asynchronous.

Repsonse RFC structure is mapped with above Response Structure. So you can get this structure inside the BPM. Because while sending RFC request with File Data, you are going to configure Synchronous Send. So that time you need to give Req/Resp interfaces.

Regards

Answers (0)