cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

I'm creating a service contract for one year and i have configured advance billing scenario for service related item.

Now i have changed the rule from Annual Advance to Monthly on last of the month.

As soon as i have changed the plan,billing plan tab of service contract is showing 12 line items with month end as the billing date,that is right.....

But the lint item value is not yet divided into 12 months,and because of that net value of the contract is coming 12times of the contract value,which is wrong.

for exa:

Condition record for material M1 is Rs.120/- and after entering that material in service contract with monthly billing plan, System should show 120/12=10 for each line item in billing plan tab of that service contract instead of which system is showing 120 for each line item of billing plan tab at item level, and net value of the contract is 12*120=1440,which is wrong.

Do we have to go through any config. changes?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done!

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the revenue recognition category of the item category in VOV7. It should be time related revenue recognition (A). If the I.C has some other value, change to A and then test with a new transaction as old documents will not be applicable for the new configuration.

Configure it and if it is not working, pls let us know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Item category has following information:

Revenue Recognition - A

Delimit. Start Date - B (proposal based on billing plan start date)

Billing Relevance - I (Order related billing plan)

Billing plan type - 02 (Periodic)

One year contract profile attached to my sales document type and billing plan ,as i said is attahced to item cateogry.

But still facing the same problem only in billing plan tab

Waiting for your valuable inputs.

Thanks,

Ujjawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In Billing plan tab you have Billing plan type is there there you change the Mile stone billing .

Hope try and get back,

Tanks,

venkataswamy.yu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

Yes i have changed the billing rule from monthly advance to monthly on last of the month,but the blling plan type was same i.e. 01 periodic billing.

And as soon as i have changed the billing plan rule not billing plan type,system was showing me 12 line items of the same value

instead of ,as i think it should show me 12 line items of the value = PR00/12.(we are entering PR00 once in contract,either manually or by condition record)

I just want to enter PR00 ,for exa=Rs.120/- once (either maually or by conditon record) and as soon as m going to change that billing rule to monthly on last of the month,billing plan tab should show me 12 line items,each of the value Rs10/- and overall net value at the top be Rs 120/-.

Can we do something like that in service contract with periodic billing plan?

Thanks,

Ujjawal

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ujjwal,

I understand the problem.

Please read the OSS note 92655. I think the problem you are facing is the standard SAP functionality!!! and in this OSS note they have given an alternative to achieve the desired functionality, the one you want. Please go through the note and then if you have any queries, please post. Lets see we can help!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SNavaneetha Krishnan !

Thank you for your valuable information,

I'll try to create condition base value formula with desired funtionality but apart from that i was thinking that can we have any

other possibilities other than this?

Thanks,

Ujjawal

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont see any other possibility. If I get some info, will let you know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SNavaneetha Krishnan !

Thank you for your help

Thanks,

Ujjawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll get back to you once i'm done with the changes.

Once again thanks,

Ujjawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

assign the Billing plan to order type ... hope it slove the problem.

Thanks,

venkataswamy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick reply!

Still facing the same problem.

Regards,

Ujjawal