Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i do a NW07 double stack system to standalone java engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i need a hand to this task.

So i have an Abap (BI) + Java (EP) double stack system which connect to an other Abap (BI, this is the backend system). The abap system from the double stack is useless. So i would like to reduce the double stack to the standalone java. Is there anyboday have any experiance to how to do this?

I have tried to export as standalone and double stack too, the source system but at the install only JAVA i have got an error message:

"Importing the Java dump from a double stack system into a Java Only system is not supported."

So my question is , how can i export the java db from the double stack system for the new only java system?

I hope some of them have an idea....

Thank you very much for your help,

Beeekaa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Beeekaa,

You are trying something very interesting. I have never done it myself but I think below steps may work.

Source system: ABAP + Java system.

Export only java using database specific tools u2013 this will export only SDM content.

Take a database backup u2013 Here you will backup all the tablespaces including ABAP tablespaces.

Target system u2013 Java only.

Restore the database. Delete all the tablespaces other than SAPSR3DB.(this is where we have Java content)

Launch SAPINST and try to import java, so that you will get the SDM content and it runs Java migration tool and changes the JAVA ID that we see in configtool to new number.

Again I am just assuming here, I have not tried it.

Thanks,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also donot delete SYSTEM, PSAPUNDO and other standard tablespaces, I forgot to mention before.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your help. i will try it.

If anybody has an other idea please share it us.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i would like to install a standalone java but i should install it as a syscopy because i need the java db from the double stack. Has Anybody an idea?

Thanks in advance,

Beeekaa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well I don't think that it is possible to do, at least officially. You should resinstall a new standalone EP Java system.

Regards,

Olivier