SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security deposit transfer

rajesh_vasudeb
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Is it possible to transfer Cash security deposit from a Business partner/contract account to another Business partner/contract account? How do we do it?

By using FP40, we can transfer only open items of a BP to another.

Kindly advise on this matter.

Thanks in advance.

Rajesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member215295
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

You can't transfer the security deposit , you can release the security deposit and then transfer it to the other contract account.

regards,

VR

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

former_member215295
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

You can't transfer the security deposit , you can release the security deposit and then transfer it to the other contract account.

regards,

VR

0 Kudos

Right , But after releasing the security deposit, it will appear as a credit item in the BP a/c. and also with FP40 , you can transfer a open item not a credit item .

Kindly advice.

Rajesh

0 Kudos

Rajesh:

I am not sure what your clarification is - but VR was correct. You must release the deposit payment, then it can be transferred via FP40. There are no limitations which would prevent this scenario from being done in that manner as standard. Possibly you have some enhancements which are causing you problems.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

RAjesh,

Check the config in below mentioned path

FA> CARAP> Business Transaction> Transfer> Define specification & default value for transfer

Maintain value "X" for Transfer Credit. By activating this field the open cash security payment can be transferred i.e credit item can be transferred by FP40.

Also check field Only open item, whether activating the field can help you as per your client requirements.

Regards

0 Kudos

Thanks VR and Bill for your suggestions.

Special thanks to Sachin for giving the exact solution for my problem.

Regards,

Rajesh