cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change control key in activity on create projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I have a problem.

I have a network model for projects with an activity that is assigned the key control PS01, which means that the activity is of type Network - internal processing. But I was wrong, this activity should really be of PS03 "Network - general activity costs."

Is there any report to modify this activity in bulk for all projects created?

I would not have to go one to one erase and re-create because I have many projects.

Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yse CNMASS Tcode --> Check dynamic sleection -->activity Master data)

If you have some plan / actuals on that network activity than it will give you error message in mass as well as manually when you try to change.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin P.

Thank you very much for answering the problem I have is that, when I try to change the control key manually activity gives me an error message. Then I want to know is how to change the control key to the activity without me the error message.

The error message says:

"Cost control key not allowed for activity.

You have entered a cost control key for the activity.

Enter a different control key."

With the CNMASS I can change it for everyone, but of course I get error message as well. Is there any way to change this key control without error? or the only solution is to remove the activity?

Thank you very much.

Edited by: chuso100 on Aug 4, 2010 3:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The control key depends on the type of activity you have created, like, Internal / External / Costs. The Control key is defaulted in the network profile for each type of activity. Also see the configuration of each control key. You will have clarity why system is throwing this error.

Regards,

Arul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ARULAN ST,

Thank you very much for answering,

I created an internal activity, and I want to change to activity costs. The problem is that will not let me change the control key of internal to costs because it says it is not the correct type. I wanted to know if there is any way to change the control key to avoid the error or the only option is to delete it and create a new one. We have many projects created with this activity with incorrect control key.

Regards.

Edited by: chuso100 on Aug 5, 2010 8:36 AM

Edited by: chuso100 on Aug 5, 2010 8:38 AM

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have tried to replicate this problem

i could manage to change this activity but only after going through various steps

first I changed internal to external

then added cost element etc mandatory requirements for external

then changed from external to another key which is external/internal

then changed to service

only then I could change to cost

I think if you have only created and not posted any costs then delete and recreate would be a quicker option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Virendra Pal

I'll do that, delete the activity and re-create the activity.

Thank you very much.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To change all control keys in a Project you can use "Mass Change" Functionality. To change in multiple projects use an Upload Program (BDC).

Regards,

Arul.