cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP-GRC 5.3-E-mail notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Does anyone know where you can change the link is already set at the e-mail notification?

I mean when the owner approve the request and the stage is finished an e-mail notification is coming into the in-box, thus after reading the issue message a link is posted. Trhough that link you can go into CUP. I have two different kind of links:

http://grcds01.ree.es:50000/AE/index.jsp?loadRequestStatusSearch.do ( is coming from the E-mail reminder configuration)

Vista ( coming from the stage e-mail notification configuration)

Where can I change the URL'as name? The last one is not so much clarifiying to the user.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margarita,

Af far as i know, this will depends on the configuration you have in the cup stage. You can approve or reject via email, then you´ll receive different links regarding to the configuration.

Kind regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Margarita,

The links sent through stage notifications are auto-generated. you cant change them. The link in email reminder you can put urself. If you wish to change the server name of the links then, restart the server and then login to CUP using the actual link from which you wish to login (changing the server name to the one you want to). The system will automatically take that link for further notifications.

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

So as I understand it from this thread, the email reminder doesn't have a URL and we can insert our own. In case I've understood this correctly, then I wish to insert a URL that will take the user to that request directly, rather than to a list of pending requests, or any other page.

However, I don't have the URL that will allow me to do this. Do you know how I can have the user click on a link in the reminder email, and then have them go directly into the request?

Thanks,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santosh,

There is no way you can customize an URL so that it will take user directly to the request screen. All those 'VIEW' urls are auto generated by code and does not have specific pattern which you can use to embed the URL into email reminders.

If you figure this out, please let me know.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

So as I understand it, you're saying that I can't have an embedded URL in my reminder email that would take the user to the request, even though I can embed the request number as a variable in the email. If that's the case, then I'm all set coz it's working just fine with a list of open requests for that particular user.

Thanks a lot,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that is correct. As I said, if you somehow figure it out then please let us know.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This URL is hardcoded, I dont think you can change it.

We do have the same requirement, so we maintained URL in email content itself and trained users accordingly.

Thanks

Laks