cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM UPLOAD error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Here I have a problem while uploading BOM to the activities with REFERENCE POINTS.

Here I have a project and this project is having 1 WBS and WBS having 25 activities .

Each Activity trating as 1 floor.

While uploading the BOM for 1 floor about 500 materials in BOM it is uploading correctly .

If the number of floors and materail increased then the materials are not uploading properly .

Some floors are not uploading

and some materail not uploading to floors

In this case only 229 materails are uploading .

Here for uploading BOM they are using Z Transaction with the help of BDC.

Is ther any restriction for number of material in BOM.

Regards,

Mohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

its answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think technically there should be no problem for uploading any number of BOM Items to Network activity.

Your problem is somewhat related to Z program i.e. BDC which you have recorded. Please arrange to check this BDC for Page Up and Page down code whether it is written in Program ...Please check. Also I would like to suggest run this BDC in foreground to see exact screen on which this error gets occurred.

First of all instead of using Z program to Transfer BOM..Use standard SAP functionality to Transfer BOM to Network Activity.

CN33 - Bill Of Material Transfer.

I think I understand properly if not please correct me.

Swapnil P Kharul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as my knowledge there is no restriction to the number of materials in BOM.

Check your BDC program used to upload. Run the BDC in all screen Mode and check how it behaves when it switches to the second activity on the template. If data is very huge in Template split the files.

Regards,

Arul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

As Arun said there is no restriction to the number of materials in BOM. Why not you compare the material master of successfully uploaded & failed material, it is possible that mateial master have different settings so it can give error in upload.