Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order - MD04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Am working in a ECC 6.0 environment.

Noramally whenever a Sales Order is created, the demand is visible in MD04 for which planned orders are generated (If the material is being planned and the item category for the line item is not CN).

The requirement is that if the credit limit of the customer for which the sales order is generated is blocked then, the requirements should not appear in MD04.

Your inputs please.

Tarang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ,

One way you are correct .But Requirment from Sales passes through MRP because Sales Order Schedule Line item categoery kept as CP means this sales order requirement is relevnet for Planning .If the Credit Hold Order ( overall status as Blocked then ) , you set the Schedule Line Item categoery as CN then the requirement will not be shown as demand in MD04.

So goto VA02-Select schedule line item -doubl click on the line -Selct the schedule line tab -Slect the Schedule Line item categoery as CN-Not relevent for planning then it will not appear in MD04.

Hope it is clear .

I would rather suggest you to goto OVZG as well OVZH -Requirement Type and Requirement Class setup where CN/CP is configured for Planning and investigate how does it related to Credit Limit Check .

Regards

JH

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gurus for all your inputs.

Tarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tarang,

I apologize for misleading you in my earlier answer. I had forgotten that credit blocked orders remained unconfirmed.

While researching another topic, I came across the following note that offers a 'standard' solution. See item 12 in the note. https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/547277

Credit blocked orders are typically not confirmed. If you set the FixDateQty flag in the Sales order, unconfirmed sales orders will not transfer requirement to MRP.

You can manually set the FDQ flag in any item of any sales order (VA02, select item, then Goto > Item > Schedule lines). You can also default all newly created order items so as to have this flag 'set'; in configuration OVZJ.

Again, my apologies

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tarang,

I believe this will require a custom solution. Credit blocking/unblocking by itself has little impact on the transfer of requirements from SD to MRP. Spec your requirements out and hand them off to an ABAPer.

There may be workarounds, if you are willing to evaluate your business processes and change them. Without knowing all of your existing requirements, and all of your existing business processes, I couldn't offer a suggestion.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Ask your SD consultant to decleare Credit limit for each customer in FD01 for Customer & Company code in that Blocking data

He will maintain with Credit Limit . So that system will filter Sales order creation and hereby MRP will not consider this requirement

Even after SO is created he can Forbid by selecting CP - No planning

Regards,

Jaya Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gurus,

The suggested solution was known. The rquirement is, if the credit limit for a customer is blocked the demand should not flow to production.

No manual intervention required and it should be possible to create the sales order.

Regards,

Tarang

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tarang,

System selects the schedule line category as per item category and document type of sale order. Naturally once the order is created system cannot on its own change the schedule line category from CP to CN. Neither are you ready to change it manually even if credit limit is blocked.

One workaround in my opinion maybe to create a separate item category, assign the schedule line category CN to it and finally assign the item category to a new document type (please discuss with your SD consultant for better clarification). Now the user can check the credit status of the customer through F.13 or VC/2 and accordingly choose this document type while making the order (in case of blocked credit). When the order will be created by default the system will assign CN to it and you will not get this order in MD04 on saving.

Still, it is better to wait for the experts' suggestions for a few more days.

Regards

Sm.

Edited by: Sm on Aug 5, 2010 11:03 AM

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tarang,

Why don't you simply follow the clue hidden in your question itself? When getting the warning of credit limit exceeded during creation of order, put CN in your schedule line and save the order, it will not appear in MD04.

Regards

Sm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try to restict the creation of sales order if the customer crosses the credit limit in SD Credit Management. Once it done, then no more requiement will come in Stock /requirement list.

Rgd,

Chetan