Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get event name

former_member186783
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have an easy question:

There is an ESS with a FloorPlan Manager. If the user clicks on the Save button, a workflow should be started.

I've already find that if the user press the Save button the onEvent method is called.

So my only question is:

How can I determine the event/button name in that method (There is a cancel and a save button in the ESS, and the workflow is only required if hte user press the save button)

Thnaks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186783
Participant
0 Kudos

fpm.getEventData();

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since there are 2 buttons (Save and Cancel), there will be 2 separate actions created for the buttons. The code to launch the workflow will be written in event of Save button. Cancel button will be attached to a separate action which might do a separate activity.

To find out which action is assigned to a button, right click on the button and select the "properties" of the UI element. The entry which is against the "onAction" property of the button is the action assigned to it.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Poojith MV

former_member186783
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, this is the problem. As I mentioned the app is using a FloorPlanManager. (ESS with 3 embendded view Overview->Detail->ReView) When I check the embedded view, there is no Button on the view. The Button comes from the Floor Plan Manager, therefore I can't click on it, to see the properties.

The only place where I can catch the event is the Interface controller of the "Review" Webdynpro component, because if the user clicks on the Save button (the button comes from the FPM) the method "onEvent is called in the interface controller