cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scheduled job keeps hanging after sveral days

Former Member
0 Kudos

MII experts,

We are using MII 12.0.8. I have several scheduled jobs. Those that run once every day never have any problem. However, I have one that runs every 10 minutes keeps hanging after running for 3-4 days. I have to stop and start to kick it off again if that happens. When it hangs, it appears it is still in running state but it never finish.

Have anyone seen this problem before?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robert,

which patch have you installed for 12.0.8? There is a note with patch 2 that describes scheduler problems: [https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1386055].

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

Thanks for the info. I am not sure which patch has been installed. It is build 24.

The sympton is a little bit different than what is described there. Other jobs runs fine even when this one is hanging, so it may not be a table lock issue.

Thanks,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There could be locked or disconnection about sources that job use.

For example : if job pull some files from a ftp service.If ftp service goes down while pulling the file, this hangs the job.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have experienced a quite similar issue on 12.0.2 with a scheduled transaction that uses queries to a database. The database was connected over a small network connection, and sometimes the connection failed. However the tran tried to process the queries which caused the MII process to get stuck. Even when the connection was back again, the job remained in status running and had to be saved manually to go back to status pending.

Are there any of this kind of problems, where your tran may get stuck? Are there any hints in the Netweaver Logs?

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

My job does just a simple DB query too.

Any way to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there any entries in the NetWeaver Log when the function is executed remotely?

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would like to put my 2c in here too that I'm experiencing strange scheduled job behavours too...... in MII 12.1.4 (build 53)..

I have a database transaction that runs every 5 mins or so that also seems after a couple of days starts to degrade and I've caught it a few times where it appears to have gotten stuck somehow and stop executing.....

Not sure how I can catch this or find this in the logs (sifting through it is reasonably difficult) especially when the scheduler doesn't inform you what transaction ID it is currently running

Has anyone managed to figure out what is happening?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running MII Version 12.1.5 Build(91) and have noticed jobs in the schedule that are running but are obviously not doing anything. These jobs are user to trnsfer files around our site via ftp.

MII gives no error or indication that the job has failed so we know nothing about these problems untill an end user complains about their file transfers not working. As we are a 24 by 7 site this involves calls to aur support people at all hours.

We have asked SAP for help but they require a Step by Step method to duplicate the error. As this is a very intermitant problem that we have not been able to reproduce on demand this request has been ignored by SAP.

We have many schedule jobs that run once per minute. Slowing them down more would have a bad impact on the usefullnes of the transfers.

If anyone gets an answer to this issue we would love to hear it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know the root cause but after I increased the interval to once per hour instead, It has been running fine so far. Definitely the interval plays an important factor here just not sure why and how.