cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDS Challan Generation - Basic TDS Remitted amount not updat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

When I am generating TDS challan Basic TDS remitted amount is not updated in Challan and also in TDS certificate. The document is posted but Basic amount is not showing in Challan and TDS certificate. Please suggest how to update Basic amount in Challan and TDS certificate.

Thanks in adavance

Rao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Is the issue resolved?, reason for asking is i too am facing similar issue and am unable to find any related OSS for this. In case the issue is resolved would you please tell me what the resolution is

Thanks

Nelson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the document is indeed posted correctly and it indeed appears correctly in table WITH_ITEM & J_1IEWTCHLN for the amounts it looks like you might need to implement some notes.

I know from the past i had simular problems with the output but again it depends on the system and support package.

Double check customizing and the various J_1IEWT* tables. If everything is in place check oss on challan output.

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the support. I have checked in the tables With hold tax line items were updated with correct amount. I have successfully generated Challan and TDS Certificate without throwing any error. But issue is after generation of TDS challan one screen appear with the details of i.e clearing document no, challan no, section , Total Basic TDS remitted, Total Surcharge remitted, Total Ecess remitted etc.,. In my issue Total Basic TDS remitted amount is not appearing. If the amount is not appeared at Challan level the same amount will not appear in TDS certificate also. I didn't get any error at any stage. Only Basic TDS amount is not appearing.

Thanks

Rao

ravichandran_iyer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No worries with that screen. The values will show zero even if the amounts have posted correctly. If you are able to post bank challan and generate TDS certifiate, then things are happening fine. Try the preview of TDS certificate when you generate it. You'll find the amounts have posted correctly.

That screen was supposed to give the remittance details, but actually remittance does not happen unless you post the bank challan no. Thats why the tds amount shows blank in that screen.

Hope this is clear.

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ravi

My issue is Basic TDS amount is not capturing in challan and TDS certificate. If you see the preview of TDS certificate there are some columns of TDS Basic amount, Surcharge amount, BSR code etc. Here the problem is the TDS Basic amount is not caputed in basic amount column. Please suggest.

Thanks & Regads

Rao

ravichandran_iyer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Verify the following steps :

1. Were you able to run J1INCHLN successfully for the said invoices? Did that transaction create bank payment transactions for the TDS Remittance?

2. If Point No.1 happened successfully, we you able to run J1INBANK transaction? Did you see the Challan transaction details in J1INBANK?

3. If Point No.2 happened successfully, were you able to run J1INCERT transaction? Did it create Certificates?

4. If all the above happen successfully, then the problem might be only in the print format which is not fetching the values. Check with your ABAPer for debugging the same.

And lastly, you can check the progress at each stage through J1INMIS transaction. If in any stage, this transaction failed to show pending records for the said invoice, then you would know that the problem has happened in the previous stage.

For the BSR number, you'll have to update the same in 'Bank Branch' field in FI02.

Hope this helps.

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check my all replies, I am able to generate Challan, Updated Bank challan and also generated TDS certificate without any error. The only Problem Once Challan generated, there is a screen apepars which is showing fields as clearing document no, challan, challan date, Total Basic TDS remitted, Total surchage remitted i.e fileds are there. Only Basic TDS remitted amount is not updated on that screen. Due to that in TDS certificate also TDS amount is not captured. I am able to generate Certificate, only TDS amount field is not updated.

Thanks in advance

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are maintaining one tax code, you need to maintain the tax code as the rate inclusive of surcharge and cess.

Then you need to maintain this surcharges rate at SM30 in the table J_1IEWT_SURC1 and for ECESS in table J_1IEWT_ECESS1.

If you are maintaining separately then you need to maintain separate tax codes as Basic % , Surcharge % and Ecess % as code should be maintained.

Here for maintain tax code you need to maintain surcharge code at at J_1IEWTSURC and for Education cess, those tax codes should be maintained in the J_1IEWTECESS table.

Also, 'X' should be maintained for the company code in J_1IEWT_ECFLAG table.

Regards,

Gaurav

ravichandran_iyer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I told you in my earlier reply, in the screen that comes after generation of challan in J1INCHLN, if the clearing document number is generated, then your posting is right. Even though the screen shows Basic TDS remitted as zero, the amount has posted right. This screen has no relation to the amount shown in the certificate.

Since you have already told that the amounts are updating in the tables correctly, I think the problem is only with the TDS certificate format, which is not picking the amount for display. Check with your ABAPer.

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply and what ever you are saying is correct. But now there is no surchage and education cess. Only Basic rate. What I done in my system I have maintained tax code with zero rate in J_1IEWT_SURC1 table, because there is no surcharge. In DEV system , after generation of TDS challan TDS baisc amount was caputred perfectly. But QAS and PRD system it was not captured even though we have maintained zero rate for the above table. Where is gap. if surcharge and education cess is there then we can maintiane as per your suggested table. if not there then not required. Can you please suggest.

Thanks in advance

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check thro' J1INMIS - WTIS

In IMG - Did you maintained Doc Types for Challan updation?

Regards,

GB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

Based on your info its not easy to give you a straight answer.

First of all on what SAP release and support package are you implementing the Indian withholding tax?

Did you also check OSS?

i implemented it on a 4.7 SAP System and i had to implement tons of OSS notes before everything actually worked and in 4.7 there were also a lot of tables behind the scenes (not in spro) that needed to be filled before everything worked.

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the information, It seems it is not related to pached, The main issue is in TDS certificate details three fields are there

1) TDS amount field

2) Surcharge

3) Education cess

Now as per the current policy there is no surcharge and education cess so obviously these fields would appear as blank. But in TDS amount field also appearing as blank. Means TDS amount is not updated in TDS amount field.

Please suggest is the issue is related to table updation or patches.

Thanks in advance

Rao

ravichandran_iyer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Are the amounts posted in the system? Were you able to generate the certificate successfully (meaning, it has considered all the line items)? If you are able to complete the entire cycle without issues and the amounts dont appear only in the certificate, you might need to check the certificate print format. Recently few changes have been made in the Form 16A format to accomodate legal requirements.

You might check the following notes for the new format : 1476590, 1486147, 1487011.

Ravi.