cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

table wizard with optional section

0 Kudos

Hello experts,

we are creating one of our first Adobe form in SAP. We have the requirement to print out a dataset. For each dataset (table 1), we had a optional dataset (table 2), which is linked via key-fields. We use the table wizard to create a table in our form. Step 4 of the table wizard defines an optional section with table 2.

When we generate the document, we get a list of datasets from table 1, after that the corresponding datasets from table 2.

what we get now:

dataset 1 (table 1)

dataset 2 (table 1)

dataset 3 (table 1)

---corresponding dataset (table 2)

what we want:

dataset 1 (table 1)

dataset 2 (table 1)

dataset 3 (table 1)

Can anyone help me with that issue.

Best regards,

Andi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The solutions is easy. You´d better create the corresponding DDIC objects hierarchy in the backend and then use the form to PRINT the prepared data ONLY. I mean:

In your backend:

in a row there is a dataset (table) and a optional dataset (table) == DDIC structure with two "fields" of type "table" = row A

use this "row" to create the "outer" table == DDIC table type with row A

Then you can just drag and drop this structure in your adobe form and will have do difficult with formatting.

Regards Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, I wonder how did you resolve the problem? Would be cool if you can share it with others (and close the thread).

Regards Otto

0 Kudos

Hello,

we made a part formular and made field allocations to each field.

For the presence of the field, we use Java Scipt to hide them, if they are initial.

Best regards,

Andi