cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Binding ALV : Portfolio Mgmt-Initiative & Item Dashboard-Extra Col

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am currently working on business package for the portfolio management (PPMDC 4.5) and I need to customize following screens.

1. Initiative Dashboard

2. Item Dashboard

I need to add one more extra column (WBS Element) to the ALV present on the above iViews.

From the technical information, I found the underlying WD application. Name of the same is '/RPM/UI_DASHBOARD'.

After analysis of this WD component, I come to know that, this WD component is composed of ALV Grid implementation. When I go through the different objects of the component, I did not find any mapping to 'DATA' node of the 'INTERFACECONTROLLER_USAGE'.

I think, dynamic mapping is done but I am not able to find the exact code behind this. Could you please give me any pointers?

Thanks,

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you see the view controller methods of view VI_RPM_DASHBOARD, there is a method HANDLEIN_REUSE_WD_ALV which calls *configure_alv * method of component contoller. In that method, there is call to configure_alv method CL_WD_ALV_UI_LOG_REUSE. In this configure_alv method, data is set using interface controller of ALV component.

Please check the same!

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Srilatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srilatha,

Thanks for your reply. I want to add one more column to that structure. But I did not find any Function module or any select query to fetch the data from database and put the same in ALV grid. And also not able to find underlying table from which data is coming.

I need to find that point where I can add new column to the original structure and fill that column with relevant values.

Thanks,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not aware of the coding of this web dynpro component. But i had a look at the implementation of the method HANDLEIN_REUSE_WD_ALV in which there is a call to retrieve_alv_data of component controller which in turn calls RETRIEVE_ALV_DATA method of class /RPM/CL_WD_ALV_REUSE where the data seems to be filled in the context node.

Just try to go through all these methods implementation, you will be able to find out how to implement your requirement.

And the node which is mapped to DATA node of ALV table is created dynamically inside configure_alv method CL_WD_ALV_UI_LOG_REUSE. Check the same as you want to add a new column you might have to do some changes to the structure of the node which is created.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Srilatha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To add a extra field on dashboard, we have to add that field in following tables:

Initiative Dashboard

Add field in - CI_INM_INITIATIVE (Table Name: INM_INITIATIVE)

For Item Dashboard

Add field in - CI_RPM_ITEM_ATT (Table Name: /RPM/ITEM_D)

Also we have to complete the UI configuration in the IMG. Please refer link /thread/195226 [original link is broken]

Thanks,

Prashant