cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP System Profile directory not being created on windows

rajarshi_muhuri
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am not SAP Basis person , but am trying to Install SAP Solution Manager 7.0 , IDES ECC 6.0 and SAP PI 7.1 as sandboxes.

{Windows 2003 / Oracle 10}

I am using ORACLE RDBMS 10.2 and its PATCH 10.2.0.4. On trying to install Dialog Instance ( Softeare Life cycle Options > Application Server > Oracle > Dialog Instance, It asks for the profile directory as its seeking the file "default.pfl"

It suggests that its path as
<SAPGLOBAHOST>\sapmnt\<SAPSID>\SYS\profile

However default.pfl file exists no where on my computer , and more imortantly the shared folder sapmnt does not even exist on my system.

Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong Am I doing a wrong installation right at the RDBMS instalation stage ? I also tried to install ECC 6.0 as it seemed to have the same RDBMS base files . However in ECC 6.0 installation I encounted the same issue.

Thanks in advance

rishi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems that you did not install a central instance before the dialog instance...

Regards,

Olivier

rajarshi_muhuri
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer. I later found that since I was using a 32 bit windows 2003 , it was not giving me the option for installing central instance .

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First thing is that you have to go through the master guide and the installation guide to understand the systems in SAP before starting the installation.

The issue here is that you have no idea of a dialog instance and trying to install that without a central instance in place.

I would suggest you to go through the master and installation guides and understand the different systems and fulfil all the recommended prerequisites and then start installing the SAP systems.

Regards,

Varadharajan M