cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account grps---Partner function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I have read previous pos ts on the below question but really still am not able to understand it

1) Can u explain why there is an assignment between account grp and partner fn when the procedure is already assigned to account grp,i.e.in the procedure I grouped my partner fns so when I assign the procedure to the account grp the partner fn in procedure gets assigned indirectly to the account grp....

SP, PY,SH,BP are assigned to Part procedure AG and AG is assigned to account group 0001 (sold to). So when I create a customer master with account group 0001, all the partner functions SP,SH,PY and BP will be determined in customer master. any new partner function I will put in Partner proce AG and that will come too in Customer master.

So Why should I assign SP,BP,SH,BP or any new partner function separately to account groups. Is it really necessary or is this config step (acct grp-----part func ) for something else ? Can someone explain by means of an example.

2) If there are five partner function in customer master (SH, SP,BP and PY and Z1) and we want these 5 partner functions only for the sales order. Is it necessary to do the separate config for partner determination for sales order ? I mean the 5 partners can simply get copied from customer master to sales order!!.

Only if we want a sixth partner function Z2 in sales order, then we need to do a separate config for sales doc for partner determination.

regds

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You are correct, according to my understanding it is just the configuration step that we need to assign partner functions to Account group.

You are correct in your second point as well, only when u have differnce in no. of partner functions between account group level and document type level, we need to do that sales order or item level etc.

Regards,

Siva

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Also, to add to the above points.

Account group is great in the sense that you can group different types of customers. It even has the flexibility to use separate numberings for them. SAP has provided this for flexibility of its system.

ex: Local Customer

Foreign Customer--> Maybe you may have 2 Ship to Parties depending on scenarios. and lets say in your local customers you have no such scenario. so means that you have 2 different configurations, 2 different sales orders perhaps, 2 diff distribution channels perhaps. So it really adds flexibility for different scenarios. Also, its great for reporting purposes as well.

Good Luck.

Ali Lozada