cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to setup different supply plant and different transportation lead time

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi, 

Today we have one sold-to customer A, and it has two ship-to customers A1 and A2,  we supply products 123 and 124 to A1, and 123 and 125 to A2. We have three supply plant in the region, P1,P2 and P3. 
For 123 to A1, the optimal plant is P1 and required transportation lead time is 2 days(from our supply plant to ship-to customer side) , For 124 to A1, the  optimal plant is P2 and required lead time is 3 days. For 123 to A2, the optimal plant is P1 and required lead time is 4 days, For 125 to A2, the  optimal plant is P3 and required lead time is 1 days. 

Table below is the summary for what I descripbed.

Sold-to	Ship-to	Products	Supply plant	Transportation lead time
A	A1	123	P1	2 days
		124	P2	3 days
	A2	123	P1	4 days
		125	P3	1 days

My question is how to setup different supply plant and different transportation lead time for different ship-to and products?

Thank you very much in advance for your quick reply!!

Best regards.
Michael

Edited by: Michael 0715 on Aug 4, 2010 4:53 AM

Sorry, the table seems is not shown as expectation. I try to revise for you to see it easily.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I will try to explain you the concept behind the leadtime.

The delivery is always initiated from a shipping point and the material should be available at the shipping point for the loading to start. The shipping point is based on the plant also.

The delivery leadtimes are maintained in the shipping point in Delivery Scheduling. For delivery scheduling, the material should be available. The material is available based on the

production or procurement lead time. These lead times are maintained in material master only based on the type of procurement. So have a look there.

Once the material is available, then there are lead times for loading. The loading lead time is available in shipping point in Delivery scheduling configuration.

Now let us come to transportation scheduling.

Transportation depends on the route through which the material goes to the SH. The lead times for transportation using different legs is maintained in transportation scheduling for

each route. Using this you can define the lead times based on the location, country, city etc of the ship to party.

If you use these concepts and explore Delivery Scheduling and Transportation Scheduling, you can very easily enable your requirement.

Hope this helps.