cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTS+ Transports and PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Should PI transports (ESR/DESIGN Java Objects "TPZ") now follow the same route as ABAP transports as they can now be linked to ABAP transports.

Traditionally in PI I would;

1. Transport out of DEV -> TEST with transport targets set.

2. Activate the change and test

3. Build a new transport in TEST for PROD with the same object with transport targets set TEST->PROD

We are using 3 SLD'S DEV - TEST - PROD if the DEV objects exported are applied to PROD (like ABAP after testing). The SLD in prod needs to know about DEV business systems.

Can anyone shed any light ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Both follow the same route only thing is release is bit different screens for both of them (i.e ESR and ABAP Objects..)

if you are transporting the objects from one env to other env...

you can assign the target business systems in the respective tab of business systems in Source SLD so that in target env business systems will get replaced with the target systems..also you need to have the source systems in target SLD too.

HTH

Rajesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info, software logistics in PI has changed subtly since the advent of CTS+, your answers have confirmed my suspicions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I think you missed the point....

Does using CTS+ change the way transports work for TPZ PI Objects ...

Do you apply a transport created in DEV directly to both TEST and PROD - like ABAP.

or

Do you apply the transport to TEST then re-export from TEST into PROD - like CMS typical way of doing PI transports ..

My issue is, if you transport like ABAP -> apply transports in DEV directly to PROD as well as TEST the SLD in PROD needs to know about the DEV Business systems in order to apply successfully, this would seem like the sensible way to manage software logistics when CTS+ is involved as both ABAP and Java Objects are tied together, but I dont like having DEV systems in the PROD SLD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Richard:

Here's the lowdown with SLD objects.

You are not technically using the Dev Business/Technical Systems in PRD SLD for mapping or any such services.

it is purely for your PI Transport logistics.

You are right when you mention that you need the Dev objects in PRD SLD, because these will be mapped when the CTS+ transports are imported from STMS.

The other way, setting the transport Target as PRD and exporting from TEST is not a good practise.

Regards,

Raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

And to sum it....

• CTS+ is purely a way to enable deploying the java objects from STMS.

>> The way the objects are imported does not change.

>> Export from DEV....set the transport targets in Target System SLD (TEST/PRD)..and import in Target system(TEST/PRD)

One thing though, after you Import the Integration Directory Object, you still need to manually Activate the Changelists.

Check the following url:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10456aac-44f7-2a10-1fbe-8b7bcd7bc...

Regards,

Raghav