cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No accounting document during billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible that the billing document will not be saved if ever there is an accounting error? The standard set-up I think is that the sd billing document will be saved, but a message will prompt => no accounting document generated.

Please advise if this is possible

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jason_barton
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Kahlel,

Do you have a business requirement for this? If so, what is the requirement. Or I guess what I am asking is why wouldn't you let the invoice create, and the accounting document fail? You can then use standard t-code VFX3 to work through the errors one by one - if they occur. Just trying to understand the nature of the request.

Thanks,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

We are putting internal on the order.. If it exceed the value of the I/O.. an sd billing document will then be generated but no accounting generated because the amount exceeds. Then if need to adjust the amount of the order, they need to cancel the sd billing document change the order, then invoice again.

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

there is not any customizing settings stopping SD invoice creation when accounting document cannot be saved.

Best regards,

Ivano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my view, it is not advisable to stop the Billing document from saving.

In the Billing document, there may be various Pricing components like

- Price (Revenue)

- Different Discounts (deductions)

- Various Taxes

- Different Freights

Again there may differents discounts with different Account keys for posting to different G/Ls.

Similarly, for Taxes and Freight.

For even one of the Account key, suppose G/L is missing then you will get the accounting error.

If the billing document is saved, then from the "Account determination analysis', you can easily find out the problem and can solve it.

But, with your requirement it will be very difficult to check all the assignemnt.

Therefore, in my view you should not go with requirement rather convince your client about it.

Regards

Pradyumna

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is possible but in coordination with FI team. Please discuss with the FI team to enable Field status groups in such a way that if there is any problem in the accounting document creation, then the invoice document creation should be stopped.

Without input/configuration from FI , this is not possible in standard SAP.