Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of users not in SYNC in CUA and child system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After refresh, the below user changes were happened to the PROD and QA systems while compare with CUA.

1)

For an example: There are 10 users in PROD and in CUA it is showing 15 users have PROD accessu2026 I did compare the common 10 users and they are identical. The remaining 5 users in CUA have access to that child system (PROD) without any roles or profiles, until and unless if we move or save that user changes will not get reflect to child system (PROD).

Query: To clear the remaining 5 users from CUA u2013 with respective of the child system (PROD). Should I remove them manually by going to each user and remove the PROD entry from SYSTEMS tab of the user master record or else can I run SCUG with respective fo the child system (PROD) and will transfer or consider only the identical users, I am not sure whether it works by removing the non-identical users.

NOTE: Currently system is running fine and moving the changes from Central to child without any issues.

2)

For an example: there are 15 users in QA system and 10 users in CUA with respective of the child system QA. The remaining 5 users which were created or exist in QA system which are not authorized users.

Query: What is the step to delete those 5 users from child system only?

SV

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

For 1:

Use SCUG: transfer users & make sure the user records are equal to your expected numbers you mention.

For 2:

Use Su10 from CUA and delete those 5 users in all the child systems( This step should happen after you are sure you have transferred all users from all child systems(SCUG), be sure to pick the logical names of the child systems ONLY where you need the users to be deleted

Edited by: Franklin Jayasim on Aug 3, 2010 11:33 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Franklin,

for 1)

yes, i too agree to run SCUG.. But it will removes the Non-identical users in CUA with respective fo the child system, I mean the users who have access to that child system in CUA without any roles or profiles and these users didnu2019t have a account in child system yet?

So if i run SCUG, then it will removes the Non-identical users in CUA with respective of that child system?

for 2)

I canu2019t delete those 5 users, because those users are not exist in CUA and they are in child system only. Either i should create them in CUA and delete them with respective of the child system? is there a way to sync the user data from CUA to a child system?

Kindly let me know.

SV

0 Kudos

Non-identical users ?

you mean to say you have those five users with two different userids? I did not understand your statement

If you have tried all the options from SCUG and still face issues.

Why dont you list it out on an Excel align the required roles for each user

and use Su10 and reassign from CUA.

Checkout this link :

For proper steps :

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/8c/b1b13bb3acd607e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Edited by: Franklin Jayasim on Aug 4, 2010 1:06 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

1) You can use report RSCCUSND to distribute users from CUA to child client. Check section "Sending User Master Data to a Child System" in [CUA cookbook|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/fe4f76cc-0601-0010-55a3-c4a1ab8397b1?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true].

2) if the user account has not been synced to CUA then you should be able to delete it in child system. The button should be displayed for unsynced users. You can use transaction SCUG to sync users between new child system and CUA. Check section "Transfering Users from New System" in [CUA cookbook|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/fe4f76cc-0601-0010-55a3-c4a1ab8397b1?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true].

Cheers

0 Kudos

Sv,

canu2019t delete those 5 users, because those users are not exist in CUA and they are in child system only. Either i should create them in CUA and delete them with respective of the child system? is there a way to sync the user data from CUA to a child system?

identical users : users already exist in central system. USer id identical

Non identical users : users already exist in central system. user id Not identical

in your case

1. users are not exist in CUA. then delete it in child system (you will not have any problem with identical / non identical users)

2..or transfer these users to central system(SCUG), it will be under New users then delete it from CUA

Thanks,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem has been resolved... executed the suggested steps.