cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing tif files using EasyDMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed EasyDMS 6.0 SP16 non-unicode. When I double click on a tiff image , the image does not appear. If I "edit" the file the tif image is displayed and the little lock Icon appears in the EasyDMS window.Then if I double click on the image (after trying to edit it) the image will appear.

Any ideas how to resolve this??

Thanks much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/ECLViewerin+EasyDMS

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Tom,

First define the tiff application properly in DC30 then check in Easy dms.

I hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I have things configured correctly in dc20 and dc30. I can view tiffs thru the gui (cv03n) and if I select a tiff from EasyDMS , right click , view thru gui and edit thru gui all work.

If I select a tiff and right click then click on "edit file", the file opens in the picture viewer and the little lock icon appears. I can also then check in the file.

The only item that does not work is the "view file" (without using the gui). I see the "Downloading File" box come up and I can see where the file goes into the temp directory, but the application never starts up.

DC30 Workstation application entry:

TIF

TIFF Documents

Archive and File Suffix are blank

.tif,.tiff

image/tif,image/tiff

appl-icon = @ar@

Start Authorization is checked

You cannot rename temp files is checked.

All 3 (view , change, print) DC30 workstation application in network entries are the same

YP

TIF

1 or 2 or 3

TIFF Documents

EAIWeb.webviewer2D.1 %SAP-CONTROL%

DC20 Entries:

PC

MS Windows

C:\temp

| YP | zourdnen | |

I hope this info helps solve the problem.

Thanks,

Tom

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Final Answer was to configure Explorer as the program name in the Workstation Application section for Tif images. Thanks to all that helped.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom - I realize this is old thread but ....   can you post what you entered in Workstation Application entries to use Explorer for tif images?  thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirsten,

Sure , here is what I did in DC30:

1.) Select  the "tif" line

2.) Click on the Define Workstation Application in Network.

3.) I had to configure all data carrier types for "tif" with all application types with the applications path "EAIWeb.webviewer2D.1 %SAP-CONTROL%" (without the quotes).

In my case I had 2 data carriers (PC and YP). Each one has an application type 1,2 and 3. So I had to input 6 entries. For example:

PC TIF 1 EAIWeb.webviewer2D.1 %SAP-CONTROL%

PC TIF 2 EAIWeb.webviewer2D.1 %SAP-CONTROL%

PC TIF 3 EAIWeb.webviewer2D.1 %SAP-CONTROL%

YP TIF 1 EAIWeb.webviewer2D.1 %SAP-CONTROL%

YP TIF 2 EAIWeb.webviewer2D.1 %SAP-CONTROL%

YP TIF 3 EAIWeb.webviewer2D.1 %SAP-CONTROL%

I believe this sets up both the GUI and EasyDMS to be able to open up TIF files when clicked.

One thing about the ECL viewer is that if a tiff is updated with a tool that uses custom tags, the TIF will show up in the viewer without the updates. You can get more info on how this works from this page: TIFF Tag Reference

I hope this helps.

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does it work in the GUI? Check configuration in TCODE DC30