cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create PDF from a web dynpro screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am in the process of creating my first web dynpro application for parking a document, the new requirement is when the user parks the document, a PDF of the web dynpro screen should also be generated. Can you please tell me how can I achieve that.

Thanks,

Rajat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

A PDF generated from the screen? There is no SAP delivered functionality to do this. I might suggest that you just use the browser print and print to a PDF generated virtual printer. Otherwise you would have to design an Adobe Form (and run it within WDA using the InteractiveForm) that matched the interface of the WDA screen. There is no automatic generation. You would have to design and maintain each independently.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas, I was kind of sure that this is not possible with any standard functionality but thought of double checking, is it possible to give the user a functionality to have 'PRINT' button on the screen and if yes can you please telll me how.

Thanks for a quick reply.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

A Print Button for printing via the browser - not until 7.02. The APIs to call the browser print function via JavaScript don't exist until then. You could put an iFrame (although the iFrame is deprecated in 7.0 and 7.01 - but back in 7.02) and embed a BSP application to perform the JavaScript for the Print Button.

Answers (0)