cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading mitigating controls - UAT to production system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus

Before i place the issue i would like to give some background: In the Production system of Complaince calibrator we have 3 systems assigned Production, UAT and Develeopment. We are the implementation team and are not authorised to assign the mitigating controls for users in production system , therefore before going live we have assigned the mitigating controls to same set of users in UAT system in the production system of compliance calibrator. Now the region has gone live and the same set of mitigating controls needs to be assigned to same set of users with same risks to production system users.

Issue: Now there are over 100 users and its not feasible for us to manually once again assign the same mitigating controls to the users. is there a posiibility to automate this assignment or will we have to do it manually. In case we can automate then how? in case we have to manually do it what is the best way to cover the users faster.

Thanks in advance

Vani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can download the mit ctrl data from one system and upload to another system. Go to your UAT RAR -> mitigation -> utilities -> export and select all the checkboxes you want to download and click on get mitigation. Save the resulting file and go to production RAR -> mitigation -> utilities -> import and browse the file and click on import mitigation. This will make sure that all the mitigation related data is same in UAT and production.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alpesh,

But thats not the query, I have mentioned in the explanation that we have done the changes in RAR production itself for users in the UAT backend system before Go live, now we need to repliacte the same in RAR production itself for Production backend system. So RAR system is the same only the backend systems are different.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vani,

You can use the same downloaded file to mainpualte and add more users. You will have to understand that this file contains all the mitigation related tables. Make sure to append the data and import the file back into production system as this import overwrites existing data. This is how I have been maintaining mitigation at my clients.

Regards,

Alpesh

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

When you're working with the export file, I would advise to use a good text editor instead of Excel.

Importing into Excel sometimes changes the date format which creates issues on re-importing the file.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Frank, Would you advise which would be the better editor?

Hi Alpesh,

If i understand correct, you mean to say that its the same table, since its the same RAR production system, but currently while adding the mitigations I would have chosen the users as mentioned in UAT system that is attached to RAR production, but how do I make it as production system? If i go by what you say, I should add the user ids as per the production backend system in the same tabel and then it will automatically pick it while running reports for production users, is that correct?