cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business process_CO2 cylinder sales and returns

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have recently installed SAP Business One and as part of our operations we will be selling CO2 cylinders. Intially the customer will buy a full CO2 cylinder. He will later return the empty CO2 cylinder (which will have a different stock item) and we will give him another full bottle but charge him for the refill.

I would like to ask if there is a module on SAP that manages such a process or elso if someone who runs a similer process can provide me with some insight

Thanks and kind regards,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paul

You can try using Empties Management functionality, I am not sure if SAP Business One provides for it or not.

In your case the empty cylinder will be a tied or untied empty and a CO2 cylinder with gas inside will be a full product.

Untied Empties

Untied empties are empties that are not filled or packed with material. If material is removed from reusable packaging, the reusable packaging is left as untied empties

Tied Empties

Tied empties are empties materials that only exist or are moved with a link to an empties-relevant material. In this context, the material flagged as tied empties assumes the packaging function.

From pricing point of view, you always price the gas (material) but the first time you sell you add a surcharge for the cylinder. After that you just sell the gas at its own price and if you want you can maintain accounts for ownership and stocks of the empty cylinders.

Documentation link : http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/19/ad1d3a81a1e572e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

Hope this helps.