cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warehouse Management

becky_sander
Explorer
0 Kudos

Has anyone created an Adobe Interactive Form to be used in warehouse management? And if so, can you advise roughly what steps you did to set it up?

I've reviewed the list of standard forms from http://service.sap.com/erp (SAP ERP) -> Media Library - SAP ERP Overview -> Detailed information cross ERP -> Adobe Forms for SAP ERP, but did not find anything pertaining to warehouse management.

When I look at transaction OMLV for configuring warehouse management forms, I am not seeing an option to enter a Adobe Form name and I am not seeing any alternate paths for configuring an Adobe Form for WM.

I am currently on a ECC 6.0 system.

Any thoughts or advice people can provide would be appreciated.

Regards,

Becky

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like you will have to create a form from scratch. I wonder what is the scenario: do you want to print something? Or do you want the people to enter the warehouse movements or something like that, to fill the WDA form? If you could be more specific about the scenario, I can help.

Regards Otto

becky_sander
Explorer
0 Kudos

Otto:

Thanks for the quick response. I suspected it might be something I would have to do from scratch was just hoping there was an easier way.

We are trying to just do a simple printed form. I believe they just need material, destination bin, etc. I've done this type of form in sapscript before using the sap delivered lvstaliste form as a starting point. The new form has a requirement to pull pictures from a network drive which I should be able to do in Adobe, but can't easily do in sapscript, so wanted to take the plunge and do my first Adobe form.

I'm guessing I am going to have to fake out SAP config by referencing the lvstaliste form in config but have the driving program call the adobe form instead. Does that sound like a valid route to take or might you have any other suggestions to ease the pain.

Regards,

Becky

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have a program to load the data for you, you can spare like 75% of the dev. time. How are the guys going to print the form? A simple report? If so:

- you need a sel screen (suspected:)))

- you need to call the program which will load the data for you

- you need to call the "printing program" with JOB_OPEN ... JOB_CLOSE, use FP_TEST_00 program for reference and with some basic ABAP knowledge you should be able to alter the toy for your purpose

- only concern is about the pictures. My advice: create the interface and form (tx SFP), connect it with the printing program/ report, get a reasonable solution without the pictures and we will work on the pictures then

Otto

p.s.: Good first form tutorial: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c2567f2b-0b01-0010-b7b5-977cbf806... (you can skip the interactive part, the data upload part etc.)

pp.ss.: about the pictures:

WDA form pictures: /people/bhawanidutt.dabral/blog/2007/11/15/how-to133-integrate-adobe-form-on-webdynpro-for-abap-and-deploy-it-on-portal

When you need to send a picture into the offline form: and

becky_sander
Explorer
0 Kudos

Form will be triggered by config in omlv. Standard sap program rlkomm1 will gather data, but I will just need to take out the sapscript calls and replace them with the adobe calls. I'll review the links your provided. I should be ok now.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Becky

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may also like to read this one:

where I discuss the similar topic: /people/otto.gold/blog/2010/05/06/how-to-deal-with-sap-standard-adobe-forms

regards Otto

Answers (0)