cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Assignment to Networks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to assing material component directly to a network. But when i click on "components" on CJ20n the list is grayed-out i cannot add any component.

is it possible to assign materials to networks without activities?? OR am i missing some config steps?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

Materials can be assigned to activities only and can not be assigned to networks directly.

Regards,

Vasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Vasu,

Thank you for your reply.

I was going thru SAP PS documents and it says; "The simplest scenario involves assigning material components directly to a network or directly to a network activity in the material overview screen."

so i am guessing we can assing materials directly to networks.

We are on 6.0 maybe there is a verson difference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which PS documents have you gone through? Suggest you to go through SAP Help and get it confirmed. I don't think it possible to assign material components directly to a network. You can assign it to an activity.

Kindly revert once you get it confirmed.

Regards,

Gokul

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tend to agree with Vasu. I think the section you have quoted from SAP Help could be a "translation" error.

Basically in all order types network or plant maintenance etc the material component is always assigned to the operation (or activity in case of networks)

When you clicked on the material component overview - it was greyed out - but check out the first column it says "Op". Go on and assign a material to an activity. Now click on the material overview - you will be able to change some fields.

I forgot to mention that this has nothing to do with the version of SAP you are using

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just checked SAP Help and although the heading there says "Material assignment to networks" the description inside the link clearly states that a component can be added to activities only.

If you find out something different please let us know.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

Thank you for the responses. i was going thru SAP document PLM-220 page 200 when i read about assigning materials directly to networks. But in the following pages it only talks about how to assign materials to activities.

So; my question is answered "MATERIALS CANNOT BE ASSINGED DIRECTLY TO NETWORKS"

Thanks to all again.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As all Experts have said, Materials can be assigned only to activities and not directly to networks. Only reservations can be made to network, WBS elements etc.

Regards,

Arul.