Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to call bex query in visual composer with two structures

sajith_p
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

How to call the Bex query in visual composer, where the quey contains two structures and both contains key figures?

Here one structure contains key figures in rows panel and other contains selection restriction in column panel.

Regards

Sajith P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to use some function module which will convert query data into flat tables. (eg., RS_VC_GET_QUERY_VIEW_DATA_FLAT).

Hope this solves your issue.

Regards,

Vinay

sajith_p
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Stefan/ Vinay

Thanks for the reply.

Will it work If the query is an input enabled one (Integrate Planning query)?

Is it possible to access the planning functions provided in the query through the RFC?

Your reply highly appreciated.

Regards

Sajith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create your custom planning function types and create planning function based upon those types. In the custom type you define you can put your own logic. In your case, you can take output from query into table via function module. Then with help of your custom plannig function you can insert your logic and save the data. I am not sure about locking of the data in this scenario. Let me check and will get back.

Regards,

Vinay

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have a similar problem when using SAP Visual Composer 7.3. I am trying to display SAP BEx Query with two structures defined one with keyFigures and other structures for Characteristics Selections for rows but i am only able to view columns against possible combinations and not the rows as intended. Can anyone help on this? Does VC 7.3 provide support for displaying multi structure BI Queries. Also is there a work around to this? Thanks

talia_gurevich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Hassan,

I've publish a document that describes a possible workaround.

You can find it in the following link:

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Talia

sajith_p
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

The solution propposed was good but the same method was not suitable for my scenario.

I have done the same using the Webtemplate and Webdynpro for java BIApplicaitionFrame.

Thanks to all for the solutions.

regrds

Sajith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I came across a similar problem. If it's a static report you may use a form with input fields instead of a table. Alternatively you map the output of your query to a ABAP function module (or webservice) which converts the values into a plain table structure.

Regards

Stefan

sajith_p
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Any body can help me on this?

I am not able to map into table view if the query contains two structures and both contains key figures.

If I map the same into table view all are coming as columns in the table. Actually it should come as rows and columns.

Thanks and Regards

Sajith. P