Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New log on session

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I'll be very grateful if anybody could help me with this issue. I would like check in abap transaction if in particular account is already started at least one session. If not I would like to get password from user and start new session on this account without using SAP Logon.

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

use AL08 to see the session and user name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even Sm04 will give u info.

2. Knowing password of other users is not a good idea

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bw/helpdata/en/69/c24e1d4ba111d189750000e8322d00/content.htm

Thanks,

Sri

0 Kudos

Hi sri,

thanks for your reply. We write transaction for providing access to something like firefighters accounts that's mean we don't want to know the passwords but only pass it between user and system. For some reasons we don't want to use SAP Logon. Maybe you know what is the name of the table that contain info about number of started user sessions? When you log on through SAP Logon and if you already have started session system ask if you would like to kill last session. That's mean this kind of information is stored somewhere in the system tables.

And more important how start new session in another account in background or if you like without usage of SAP Logon?

0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the name of the table that contain info about number of started user sessions? When you log on through SAP Logon and if you already have started session system ask if you would like to kill last session. That's mean this kind of information is stored somewhere in the system tables.

Why not try this way?

1. You have list of newly created users

2. Find out which transaction the user has excuted for that day(SM19,SM20,STAT, ST03)

without usage of SAP Logon?

1. User type

2. RFC users (not dialog users)

Thanks,

Sri

Edited by: sri on Aug 3, 2010 9:32 AM

0 Kudos

What you are looking for is USR21, but you should not be looking for it and more importantly you should not do anything to it...

A better approach in my opinion is not to use passwords at all and let the application take over the management of the authorizations --> if the caller is authorized to use it.

This "user switch" is the main problem with many "firefighter" type of solutions, including the ancient "password in an envelope" approach: You loose the context of the user ID with the problem and the new user is the target of misuse.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Firefighter accounts are created as "Service user" normally

are you trying to customize this program "RSM04000_ALV"

I think the information is held in a structure.

are you trying to restrict the number of sessions a user should have?

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.