cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I want to control availability check in delivery.

In sales order, I don't want get any error but in delivery i want to get an error ' no avilability stock .'

Or if there is some stock just let me send partial delivery.

How can i customize ?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to get an error when executing availability check, your checking rule used on your scenario should be maintained the checking group configuration. SD> basic function > availability check and requirement > availability check > availablity check with ATP logic > define checking group. Additionally, please check your delivery item category configuration from LO > Shiping> Deliveries >define item category for deliveries. select your item category on your document and check Whether AvailCkOff field is empty or filled . So it is should be empty.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was trying your scenario in my system and I found an easy way out. In the schedule line category, change the schedule line determination for your item category from CP to CN. CN is no MRP. So your quantity gets fully confirmed i sales order without going for an availability check. Then system will allow you create the delivery w.r.t sales order the same day.

However, the issue is, you will not get a warning about the material availabilty when you crate the delivery. But system will do an availability check for the materail and will create the delivery document with what ever material is available. (If the ordered quantity exceeds the available quantity, then system will create delivery for the availability quantity only.)

Note: System might create a delivery without delivery quantity when the material availability in the unristricted stock is Zero. This might cause a issue when you create deliveries in background.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mukund S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can avoid the below as well. (This below is from my previous reply).

> However, the issue is, you will not get a warning about the material availabilty when you crate the delivery.

> Note: System might create a delivery without delivery quantity when the material availability in the unristricted stock is Zero. This might cause a issue when you create deliveries in background.

In the delivery item category (SPRO > Logistics Execution > Shipping > Deliveries > Define Item Categories) say TAN for example, in the Quantity Section, you can put the value as 'B' 'Note about the situation'. It will give you error while there is zero quantity available.

Now, you requirement of not going for an availability check during sales order and doing an availability check during Delivery with a warning while create the delivery for zero quantity can be achieved.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mukund S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SPRO > Sales and Distribution > Basic Function > Availability Check and TOR > Availability Check > Availability Check with ATP Logic or Against Planning > Carry out control for Availability check, blank out all the values for the combination of Availability check (that you assigned in the Material master > Sales General Plant data) and Checking Rule ('A' is the default for Sales Order). So, there will be no scope of check determined for the materails and no availablility check happens.

In the same node, put all your checks for the combination of Availability check (that you assigned in the Material master > Sales General Plant data) and Checking Rule ('B' is the default for Delivery). Now you have all the checks only in the delivery and not in the sales order.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Mukund S

Edited by: MukundHS on Aug 3, 2010 5:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

But system doesnt give me any warning.

Is there any chance to get warning that there is not enough stock for that material.