cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material planning field in Activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

When we select activity and go in detail screen, go to assignments tab - there will be a material planning field.

I am not able to see that field, is that a configuration , if yes where is the setting.

Thanks,

Karthik

Edited by: SG_Karthik on Aug 3, 2010 1:46 PM

Edited by: SG_Karthik on Aug 3, 2010 1:46 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in the network profile maintain material cost element for internal processing activities - then the material planning field will be available in the assignment tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please let me know the use of this field?

Waiting for your reply please.

Thanks

Rajesh

Edited by: RAJESH4 on Aug 3, 2010 3:14 PM

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

used for preliminary material planning when you do not know the exact materials you are going to buy

as the cost element is there planning data is available

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have modified our network profile to include a material cost element for internal processed activities, but the material planning field does not show up.

I checked field selections, but it's not an available field to choose, which I presume is dependent on the network profile config described above.

Does the cost element used in the network profile have to be a specific type of cost element?

Is there anything else I could check?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am on ECC 6.00. I cheched at Assignment tab page. However i am unable to find such field.

Request you to check and reply back

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check field selection configuration for activity.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What type of activity are you checking? Is it an internal, external,costs or service activity?

I checked this in IDES and except for the assignment tab in the internal activity the material planning field is not being shown in any other activities.

Hope you are not checking out an Internal Activity.

Best Regards,

Gokul