Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment problem with the NWDS

tecsap_tec
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am currently facing a problem when trying to deploy to a WAS server using the NWDS.

I am using NWDS 7.00.18 SP16 and Java SDK 1.4.2 and am connecting to a distant server hosted by my client.

We did a peer to peer configuration in order to access their server from my company.

What happens is that I am able to connect to the NWDI and to the J2EE engine with port 3901. But I have a problem when trying to do a development component->Deploy

It tells me that I am unable to connect to the server XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX and that the connection timed out.

What I don't understand is that nowhere did I give the real server IP from the client, I correctly put the DNS adress of the two servers in the NWDS preferences (development configuration and J2ee message server) and my hosts file contains the correct mapping between the DNS names and the IPs that our network team created in order to have a peer to peer connection.

Does anyone have an idea of what to do? I am thinking that maybe the NWDS has cached this IP and uses it whenever I try to deploy instead of using the DNS names that I configured....

Another thing is when I remove the J2EE server information from the NWDS and I try to deploy, it tells me that I have not configured it, but when I put it and try to deploy again, it won't use the full name I gave and instead uses this real IP....

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Edited by: TECSAP TEC on Aug 3, 2010 2:15 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your NWDS first connects to the message server of your J2EE engine (that's port 3901). The J2EE engine then sends back the connection information for all other services (like SDM, etc.).

If you are unable to connect this way, you may need to check the configuration of the server itself to make sure it always reports a fully qualified domain name instead of it's local ip.

Like Arun says, you can use the J2EE Engine view of NWDS to check what the server reports and if connections from your NWDS are ok.

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TECSAP,

If you are able to connect to NWDI then you can make changes in WD application and do the check-out, check-it.

If you try to deploy directly once you updated the message server host and port at windows > Preferences >> SAP J2EE Engine.

Then you can see the whether J2EE Engine is green or not at Windows > Show Views >> J2EE Engine. If it is showing green, then you will able to deploy the WD application in the server.

Please paste error message from Windows >> Show Views >> Others >> PDE Runtime >> Error Log

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun Jaiswal