cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tutorial for Java Infoview and Windows AD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm searching for a tutorial where I can see what I have to do when I want Java Infoview (Tomcat) to work with Windows AD authentification. At the moment I don't know how to configurate kerberos and I can't switch to Windows AD authentification with Infoview.

(I'm just using a Testversion of CR Server 2008, so I think I don't have access to all documents which are available because I'm not a costumer yet.)

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

gWeber

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member59816
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the BOE Administration guide available in http://help.sap.com (SAP Business Objects section) where the configuration of Windows AD Authentication with Java Infoview has been mentioned clearly.

Regards,

Noor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have some documentation which enables a BO XI R2 installation on a Unix system to treat MS Active Directory as an LDAP server. This has the advantage of requiring no additional software or plug-ins, can be implemented on all supported Unix platforms and has been tried and tested by a client which has a very large user database.

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You must use kerberos with java if you plan on using the AD plugin, it's enabled by default in AD KB 1261835 details all the info and offers full explainations for all required settings.

A weaker alternative is using the LDAP plugin to AD but that is not recommended unless your CMS is on unix/linux at which time the AD plugin is no longer an option.

Regards,

Tim