cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Tibco-EMS queue from XI(using JMS adapter)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am currently working on a Tibco Integration scenario with XI thru JMS(Sender) adapter. I have gone through some of our SDN forum threads and come to know that we have to deploy some TIBCO specific jar files to the fetch data from TIBCO-EMS queues. But still have the following query on

1. what are all the JAR files(TIBCO JMS libraries) needed to be installed in SAP J2EE engine? I have got the following JAR files from TIBCO guys...

tibcrypt.jar

tibjms.jar

tibjmsadmin.jar

tibjmsapps.jar

tibrvjms.jar

regards,

Raks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for the reply, class file is there in "tibjms.jar". And if TIBCO JMS connection is done with JNDI and I am going to use "Transport protocol : Access JMS provider with JNDI" do I have to add any TIBCO specific JAR files other than tibjms.jar.

Regards,

Raks.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi raks,

Unfortuantely I am not sure on the parameters used for JNDI lookup.

The parameters i told are used with Transport Protocol as SONIC MQ JMS PROVIDER.

For JNDI look up, the parameters will change and so, correspondinly will the classes. One thing you can do is look for a standalone JAVA program that is used to connect to A TIBCO JMS using the JNDI approach.The classes used for such an access will also be the classes to be used for Deployment of JAR in XI.

You can also look into TIBOC's website and serch for such a program.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raks,

Check this note for JNDI configuration..

"If a 3rd party JMS provider should be used then usually the "Name of JNDI initial context factory" must be adjusted. I.e. com.sap.engine.services.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl must be replaced by some.other.vendor.jms.jndi.InitialContextFactory In addition it is necessary to deploy the jar that contains the some.other.vendor.jms.jndi.InitialContextFactory with the aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda SDA file. In addition, you must extend the server/provider.xml deployment descriptor in the relevant way. Refer to Chapter 11 of the XI 3.0 Configuration Guide for more information"

You need to find out class "Name of JNDI initial context factory" for tibco as mentoned in the note and deploy the corresponding JAR file.

Also check this link for JNDI configuration parameters in the JMs adapter..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c1/739c4186c2a409e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have done with the design & configuration but while trying executing the scenario I am getting the following error in JMS Adapter Monitor.

"TIBCO_Sender_JMS: Sender channel. Details: Failed to connect to the server at //<IP address>:7222"

here Tibco EMS queue is installed in my local system and XI server is in remote location(in diff LAN itself).

How to solve this connectivity issue????

Regards,

Raks

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is alearly a problem where your XI server is not able to connect to the remote JMS service due to some conenctivity / firewall issues.

Check if the XI server can access the IP of your machine.

Also, if you have used // in the IP address column of your JMS adapter , do not do so. Just specify the IP address without any Slash.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raks,

You mentioned that the two machines are a part of different networks.Accessing your TIBCO provider URL would only be possible from XI server if there are no restrictions on network traffic between these two networks. Your network admin would be the best person to check if any network access issues are there.

-- Amol

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raks,

The classes needed for connecting to a Tibco JMS queue is ,

Queue Connection Factory

<b>com.tibco.tibjms.TibjmsQueueConnectionFactoy</b>

Queue Java Class

<b>com.tibco.tibjms.TibjmsQueue</b>Just look into the Jar files with you and check which one contains these JARs and use them to deploy on your XI server.

Regards,

Bhavesh