cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYNC/ASYNCH mapping using abap class

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario - We have two SAP systems SAP 4.7 and ECC 6.0. We are in the process of upgrading to 6.0 from 4.7 for which we are using abap class for determining the sender and receivers respectively. We use an operation mapping for finding the sender/receiver and provide it in the Receiver determination of the corresponding scenario in ID. For one of the scenarios we came across asynchronous to synchronous mapping which Iu2019m not able to solve. I request you to provide me some help so that it will help me solve this issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
For one of the scenarios we came across asynchronous to synchronous mapping which Iu2019m not able to solve.

Do you mean to say you have to perform mapping between ASYNC and SYNC interface? If yes, then you cannot define Operation mapping for this case....the mode of the messages on source and target side should be the same.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhishek for the answer. cold you please suggest me a way to go ahead for such a scenario. It will be really helpful to me.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) If there is an ASYNC interface on Source side and SYNC interface on Target side and a mapping has to be developed between the two then you have to make use of a BPM and map the ASYNC interface with request message of SYNC interface and then send the SYNC message.

One doubt....what are you going to do with the response message of the SYNC interface....is it used in any further processing?

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
We use an operation mapping for finding the sender/receiver and provide it in the Receiver determination of the 
corresponding scenario in ID. For one of the scenarios we came across asynchronous to synchronous mapping which Iu2019m not 
able to solve.

The mapping which you are talking between Async and Sync....is it used for determining the Receiver (in RD) or is it used in Interface Determination.....a bit confused about your requirement...if you dont mind explaining a bit more.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using that in the Receiver determination for finding the receivers, not in the Interface determination. We use extended receivers option where we mention the operation mapping to determine the receivers based on the sender.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
We use extended receivers option where we mention the operation mapping to determine the receivers based on the 
sender.

I dont think you can use such a mapping program to determine receivers. The mapping would be developed between the source message and the standard message for receiver determination....no other message to be used here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

operation mapping did work out for scenarios having synch<>synch message interface and async<>asynch message interface, but only for this...synch <--> Asynch we are having this mapping problem.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
but only for this...synch <--> Asynch we are having this mapping problem.

there is no remedy....you have to maintain messages with same mode (either SYNC or ASYNC) on the source and target.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhi for your information. I will check the different possibilities.