cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIFO based inspection lot clearance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We are using ECC6.00 (EHP4). QM module also is implemented. At present users are observing problem in which, if for a material there are 2 inspection lots created, one lot 10 days old and the other one currently created. After inspection the users are clearing the latest one first. The stores people also issue the materail but when the second lot is cleared subsequently, the FIFO based issue in the stores gets affected.

How can this be prevented. i.e., the first inspection lot should be cleared first and then the second to avoid mismatch in FIFO issue?

Experts suggestions expected.

Regards,

M.M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sujit,

Thank you for your immediate reply. I discussed this enhancement with my abaper who feels that scanning the QALS table (since inspection lot number is the primary key) for its entire record will be time consuming. Is there any alternate method for this.

Moreover is there any Quality table where only the pending inspection lots are stored, so that the same table can be checked for quick retrival.

The table QAVE which stores the usage decision details also has to be scanned for its entire record so this table also cannot be used.

Your help will be higly appreciated.

Regards,

M.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

One way is restrict the search like select only FICO pertaining material with some material group then again check the status lots etc .....this will reduce search.You can restrict lot by adding limited date & inspection type.

QAVE need not to search as its contain UD code which is not useful.A lot can have UD taken or not taken still can have SPRQ or SPST status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sujit,

Thank you for your immediate reply. Is there any standard functionality by which i can achieve this i.e., without any enhancement.

Moreover since i do not want all the inspection lots for the materails to go through this cycle. Only for materials which are managed by FIFO should go through this process. How to achieve this using the enhancement functionality mentioned by you.

Your help appreciated.

Regards,

M.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

I really did not came across the std functionality for your issue ............

Coming to second Question ,In given logic you have to add logic "Which are those material which pertains to FICO"

If you able to identify such materials with some "Material Group" or "Material type" then job is more simple.

Apply logic to all such kind of material

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case QALS table & QEVA0010 User Exit :UD: Usage decision check -

> can help you

You have to build logic that for same Material in QALS if any lot is pending ,when you are doing UD for fresh lot,then system should through msg.

You have to check the statuses like SPRQ & SPST should not be there for prior lots