cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on the file to file Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I am working on the File to File scenario and I think I've done everything according to guide, I am using the FTP server to keep my files, now the problem I am facing with is that the PI system does peak up the file from the source to the target and when the file gets to the target folder(receiver) it is empty, so any suggestions from u guys will be hight appreciated

Thanks

Yonela

Edited by: Yonela on Aug 3, 2010 10:41 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yonela,

Mapping was wrongly done in your interface. Test your mapping in test tab in Message Mapping. It need to create the structure in your target.

If not then your mapping is wrong, so you will not be able to get data in the file.

If you are using any content conversion parameters, then please check the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm40/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/content.htm

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem can lie in the following areas:

1) Check if you have read write permissions to the ftp location.

2) Re-verify if you mentioned the correct path in the adapter configuration.

3) Check the Adapter level monitoring using runtime workbench.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Sainath Chutke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Test your mapping first in IR using test tab..i guess the mapping is not done correctly...

Regds,

Pinangshuk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

Thanks for your responce, I have checked my mappings they are working fine, on SXMB_MONI

I have no errors, only on the ChannelMonitor the status of my receiver channel is red but on the

Processing Details for Cluster Node Server xxxx I get this

8/3/10 10:50:49 AM c2858343-198a-4e70-2198-823f18ce6430 Message processing completed successfully

so don't realy know what I did wrong.

Thanks

Yonela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u please provide the receiver adapter paramters?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I did put it but still no luck, okey what exactly must I put on the Content Conversion tab for ReceiverChannel cause I've put

on the "Content Conversion Parameter" I have put RecordSet which my Recordset Name on the Sender Channel

and

RecordSet.fieldSeparator ,

RecordSet.endSeparator nl

and my file still is empty on the receiver folder.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
what exactly must I put on the Content Conversion tab for ReceiverChannel cause I've put on the "Content Conversion 
Parameter" I have put RecordSet which my Recordset Name on the Sender Channel

Use FCC if you need the receiver file in flat file format....dont put FCC because you have used it for the sender channel.

What does the log of channel monitoring for Sender Channel (in RWB --> Component Monitoring --> Adapter Engine --> CC monitoring) and SXMB_MONI tell?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I have no errors, only on the ChannelMonitor the status of my receiver channel is red but on the 

8/3/10 10:50:49 AM c2858343-198a-4e70-2198-823f18ce6430 Message processing completed successfully

I missed the above reply...can you start and stop your channel once. Since the channel is in red you should get some error message (may be for some earlier interface).

Also check in Message Monitoring if you are able to find some error.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Restart the communication channel, and check whether you are able to find any error message.

Check whether the content conversion parameters are configured correctly.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

Thank u very much about your assistance, I got it right, the was a mistake on my mapping program, and on the Reciever CommunicationChannel configuretion but what is funny is that it was not giving an error.I just went through my mapping again and now it working.

Thank in advince

Yonela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yonela,

It is good to hear that you are able to fix the issue by yourself.

Thanks,

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. check your mapping - is it creating the output structure? /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/16/xi-how-to-test-your-mapping-in-real-life-scenarios

2. Check your receiver file adapter settings. Are u using content conversion? If so are you using the correct parameters?