cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 711 - "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError - Chunk::new" running JSPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

we just installed the PI 711 but we are not able to run the JSPM ; it goes in crash with this error :

1. An unexpected error has been detected by SAP Java Virtual Machine:

#

1. java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: requested 131088 bytes for Chunk::new.

Out of swap space or he

ap resource limit exceeded (check with limits or ulimit)?

#

1. Internal Error

(/bas/sapjvm/51_REL/src/5/hotspot/src/share/vm/memory/allocation.cpp,

193)

, pid=483468, tid=4884

#

1. Java VM: SAP Java 64-Bit Server VM (5.1.027 Dec 12 2008 04:31:57 -

51_REL - optU - aix ppc

64 - bas2:113000 (mixed mode))

#

1. Error: Chunk::new

We already replaced the Kernel; we check in in the Config Tool and the template in use is correct as for note 1248926 ( "Usage_Type_All_in_One ").

How we can manage the J2EE parameters ?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are getting out of memory error. Please reduce heap size in config tool and give a system restart. After that try to start JSPM again.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

thanks for the feedback , but sorry please why should reduce the Heap size ? I was supposed t try to extend it anyway

regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Revise your memory settings according to the PI guide http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/43/73949862c16fcbe10000000a1553f6/content.htm

And also add the parameter -XX:+HandlePromotionFailure to the JVM settings.

0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Please go through the SAP note 723909 and make the changes to the memory settings accordingly. This should solve the out of memory issues.

Regards,

Thripthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony

thnks for the feedback, but the note 723909 is obsolete for 71.

It refers to note 1248926 that does not contains any parameter suggestion, but only the indication of which template should be used.

I'm not sure I can use the raccomandation of note 723909 into the template in use; someone of you try to apply it on Nw 71 ?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anderson

tnhs for the feedback, very usefull the help online settings.

But please the other parameter you suggested where came from ? From some Oss note ?

What it's supposed to do or which error it's supposed to solve ?

Best Regards

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find a reference in the note 723909, this note is intended to the 7.0 but some parameters of the JVM are still used in the 1.5 and 1.6 JVMs.

The parameter I have suggested to you is used to avoid errors like "out of swap space" in the memory management of the JVM where it fails to promote objects to a different segment space in the memory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Java engine from version 7.10 and above (711 in this case) uses a different approach for memory settings.

All the memory parameters are calculated based on the template i.e when you select a particular template, the memory parameters are calulcated by itself based on the RAM. So just adjust your template and it should resolve your problem.

It is also possible to change the memory parameters in 7.10 and above versions. In configtool, select particular node for which parameters needs to be changed. Select server node, and on the right side, you will see 4-5 different table. There you would be able to change the memory parameters.

Thanks & Regards,

Denish