cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in copy control F2 to RE for BoM (TAP) item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am facing a issue in return order which is reference to F2.

I have maintained all standard copy control, still I am having a issue in TAP item category.

The issue is

In my sales order I have one standard item ( TAN ) and one BoM item(Main item of LUMF) and its sub item is of TAN as BoM is of item pricing.

I can see in my order to Invoice all 3 items ( TAP item is not relevant for pricing and picking, its fine )

but when I try to create return order with reference to F2 , I could get all 3 items in return order but TAP item converted to TAN and hence its relevant for the pricing, return order value is not matching with F2 ( as third TAP item comes in picture)

as In my invoice BoM main item is having TAP item category ( showing zero price in Invoice) so I believe same item should get copy in return order with zero pricing but its not happening.

Guys can you provide me any specific copy control for TAP or any other solution.

BR,

Abhijit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to maintain the copy control between F2/TAP to RE/TAP. In this case, in copy control, you shoudl mention the target item category also as TAP.

Also you have to maintain the copy control as RE / ERLA or LUMF / TAP combination should lead to TAN and RE /ERLA or LUMF should point to TAP and not TAN. I think the second configuration is TAN in this case.

So you maintain the correct copy control and item category determination, the problem will be solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Navaneetha,

Can you explore the following copy control configuration....

step wise .....it would be easier to understnad

Also you have to maintain the copy control as RE / ERLA or LUMF / TAP combination should lead to TAN and RE /ERLA or LUMF should point to TAP and not TAN. I think the second configuration is TAN in this case.

Regards,

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello navaneetha ,

pls explain me for only LUMF item cat group. do not put ERLA its confusing to me .

BR

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

RE/LUMF/TAP combination shoudl have the I.C. as TAN.

TAP should have the BOM tab correctly configured.

TAN should be relevant for pricing.

In TAP, the pricing relevance should be empty (No pricing). In this case, the header and item materials will come into RE, but only the line items will be priced, and TAP item will not be priced.

Pls configure it this way and test it. If there is any problem, pls lemme know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navaneetha,

I have maintained the copy control as per your suggesstion but it is not working

I will tell you how I want the scenario

In Return Order RE I want all items to be copied from F2

1 ) Standard material 1-- TAN (F2) -

> REN ( RE)

2) BoM

Material 1-- TAP (F2) -

TREN ( developed by me ) for no pricing

sub item TAN (F2) -

REN

for above item categories I have maintained determinations and copy control

still getting a message in while creating RE is " Item category for item 30 can not be determined."

Regards,

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navaneetha,

I have maintained the copy control as per your suggesstion but it is not working

I will tell you how I want the scenario

In Return Order RE I want all items to be copied from F2

1 ) Standard material 1-- TAN (F2) -

> REN ( RE)

2) BoM (LUMF)

Material 1-- TAP (F2) -

TREN ( developed by me ) for no pricing

sub item TAN (F2) -

REN

for above item categories I have maintained determinations and copy control

still getting a message in while creating RE is " Item category for item 30 can not be determined."

Regards,

Abhijit

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

The solution lies in the item category determination only. You have to explore, may be you are missing some BOM related item category configuration.

Compare the TAQ, with RENN,

The higher level I.C. shoudl have the BOM explosion structure defined in VOV7

If only item is relevant for pricing, then the child I.C. shoudl have pricing relevance, while the higher level I.C. should not have the pricing relevance.

Because you are talking about returns, the I.C. should be returns enabled.

Please check all these things and test.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Navaneetha,

issue is resolved

Br,

Abhijit

Answers (0)