Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error on bw connection

prashanth_lagdev
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi experts,

am tring to connect bw system through model creation.as per the details i got[host name/system number,logon name,password,client,language],i provided in single server.after providing the details am getting as

connection from sap gateway to rfc server failed.

Please help me the possible solutions regarding connection to bw system.

Rega

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth

Please check the if you are able to ping the BW server from your desktop or not.

If yes, then update the host file in your system.

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun Jaiswal

prashanth_lagdev
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi arun,

i am trying to connect to bw system from nwds using adaptive rfc approach.as per your advise i did ping the ip address.

but am getting the error as

" request timed out" on commond prompt.

Please provide all possible solutions.

Regard's,

Prashanth.

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Are SAP BW server in same network or differnt.

Please update host file and service file in your desktop for SAP BW system. then try to ping it.

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Arun Jaiswal,

sap bw server is in some other network.i am trying to access bw server using server's port number on my local mechine through VPN.when i ping the port number in my local mechine am getting the error

Request timed out

is there any other possible solutions to access remote BW server that could be big help for me.

Regard's,

prashanth.

prashanth_lagdev
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi arun,

i am updated BW server port numbers and host detail in local mechine.still am unable to connect the BW server which is in remote network[ UK].what could be the credentials required in order to communicate with BW server.Am using ARFC approach in which i provided JCO destinations[Model Data and Meta Data] and server details like system number, client,uid,password.what could be the other credintial required.please provide the possible solutions.

Regard's,

Prashanth.