cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Ext Ref No field as Free Text in Service Desk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are using the service desk functionality in solution manager to log issues.

In that we want to use the "external reference number" field for storing the test script numbers.

Here the issue is that, system does accept the input but once we save it, the data which we entered (in ext ref no field) gets over written by some internal number. Then we need to type again our script number and then if we save the issue, system accepts that number.

System doesnt accept the external input in the "Ext ref no' field during the first save.

Can any one please suggest, if there is any setting by which we won't have to enter the external number twice in the "Ext ref no" filed in the issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Narendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Narendra,

i did nt know about this note. That s great that you found a workaround for your problem

Regards

Khalil

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello again,

sorry i made a mistake. The field i told you about concern the ext. ref. nb though. But for Service Desk it is a bit more complicated.

The number you see in the external reference number is the number of the SLF1 that was created from SLFN (it is not a number assigned randomly). You ll notice by double clicking on where used button of slfn that you see similar number appearing for what is called precedong document (which is SLF1).

This actually occurs when 1st save during action Create/Change Basis Message from CRM Procedure.

By debugging i found where it happens exactely and its it in function module: CRM_DNO_NOTIF_MAINTAIN at line 224 when function modul CRM_ORDER_MAINTAIN is called.

Well pretty much this is unfortunately not configurable.

Only options you have are

- either change std (not really recomendable) by commenting line 224

- implement custom enhancement of badi order_save so you can 'maintain back' the field to blank using same modul function than standard but by giving an empty value ! -> takes some effort & abap skills !

Hope this helps

Regards

Khalil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khalil.,

Thaks a lot for your detailed replay.

I got sap note 1466606, which also gives similar solution as you have suggested. Here the suggested code correction skips ''CRM_ORDER_MAINTAIN' so that no number will be written in ext ref number field.

Thanks again,

Narendra

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

please go to node in transaction SPRO :

SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide->SAP Solution Manager->Scenario-Specific Settings->Service Desk->Service Desk->General Settings->Check Number Range for Service Desk Message. Then Selectyour transaction type... i guess SLFN by dou ble clicking. You ll see an External Number Range assigned to it.

That s what provokes the automatic assignment of an incremental number to your field ext nb. If that s not what you need; then just empty field.

Hope this solves your problem

Regards

Khalil

Edited by: Khalil SERRHINI on Aug 3, 2010 4:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khalil,

The field gets updated for the first time with some internal number range (9999000***). Even if we leave this field blank during first time saving the issue, the field gets updated with the internal number as mentioned above. It is not the same value always, but from the internal number range.

I could not locate which objects has been assigned with this number range.

I did checked for the badi: order_save. I came across one active implementation with name " CRM_BUS20001_UPLOAD" with methods:

CHANGE_BEFORE_UPDATE and CHECK_BEFORE_SAVE.

Do let me know if you could offer some help on this.

Thanks a lot.

Narendra

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Narendra,

behavior you re facing is not normal. Are you sure you do not have any specific implementation on your solman (for example an implementation for BADI order_save : tr SE18) that does that.

1. What is that internal number that overwrites your field?

2. Is it always the same values ? does it bolong to certain interval ?

3. Please go to se18 and choose badi name : order_save, click on enhancement implementation -> Overview. Do you have any customer implementation ?

Regards

Khalil

Edited by: Khalil SERRHINI on Aug 3, 2010 11:14 AM