cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

retrobilling

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

first of all, thanks to those who have posted on this issue, which greatly helped.

in retrobilling, adjustments/corrections in prices, discounts and surcharges are all inputted in condition type PDIF. as a corollary, all adjustments are entered into 1 G/L account c/o the account key assigned to PDIF. therefore, there is no way in standard to separate postings for adjustments in revenues, discounts and surcharges. is this assumption correct?

if so, would anyone know of a workaround so the adjustments in prices, discounts and surcharges can be posted to separate G/L accounts?

many thanks in advance.

warmest regards.

Edited by: jonathan y on Aug 3, 2010 4:39 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jonathan

I am assuming that in one retro-billing document you will have only one type of adjustment- say price or discount or surcharge. Am I right?

If so there is a way I guess you can handle it. You can use additional fields in account determination to post the amount to different accounts. Order reason comes as a standard, use that for account determination and then create a custom account determination table (v/12). Use that table to drive the account determination- VKOA. You enter order reason Z1 for price, Z2 for discount and z3 for surcharge and so on at the time of creating the retro-billing document (credit/debit memo). You can assign order reasons to be relevant for retro- billing , set those reason codes with a retro-billing usage of 2 ( Menu path: SPRO/IMG/ Sales and Distribution/Sales/Sales Documents/Sales Document Header/Define Order Reasons).

If order reason does not work for some reason, try adding a field, example usage ( this is at item level though) to account determination field catalog and try to work with it during billing document creation or change.

Hope this helps. Let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, chandrasekhar.

i think the access sequence/order reason approach is something i can try. however (and unfortunately), in most cases not only prices but discounts and surcharges are processed together at the same time. therefore, the problem of reversing entries from the respective G/L accounts remains.

i have reviewed the SAP documentation on retrobilling and it reiterates that all adjustments are posted thru PDIF. the next work around would then be to process the prices, discounts and surcharges separately, if possible.

nevertheless, thanks.