cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Released Contract is not getting transfer to MDM Catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are using SRM 7 with MDM3 catalog, In our scenario when a contract is released (i.e. both in Header and item level the option "Distribute Contract to Catalog" is set to "YES") ideally these contract should automatically get populated in catalog but it is not. However if i choose only "Distribute Contract to Catalog" as "YES" for the header then it is populating in the catalog. I found one function module BBP_SAPXML1_CTR_CAT_SEND, which I am not sure how much relevant in this scenario, Also I am unable to debug that function module. Can anyone please give some idea to overcome this problem.

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards

PSB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. There's a lot points to check between SRM and SRM-MDM. First off, I assume that all of your configuration is complete regarding XI, the needed business content, and MDS/MDIS Servers. Second, follow the trail. The BADI that you mention is only needed if you want to enrich more than the standard fields. I don't have a system in front of me, but the fields sent are very minimal like Short Description, Supplier Part Number, Price, UOM, and Product Category. So, create a Contract, check replication on line-item and header. Send. Check SXMB_MONI. Message will say something like "Catalog Request_Out". Look at the payload. You should very clearly see the header info and the line item info...with the associated action types. Now, you should see that the message was successfully sent to XI. Look in XI, check that the message was received, transformed, and sent to the proper MDM Port. Look at the MDM Ports. The path, defined in your conditions in XI, will be something in UNIX like ...Inbound/SRM/Contracts/Ready. There will also be aa Archive and Error folder. Check for your message there. If it's in the Ready folder, something's wrong and you need to check permissions and naming convention (.xml). If it's an Error, you've got other problems. If it's in Archive, then the Import Server picked it up and you're in business. Copy the file locally, and use the Import Manager. Apply the contracts map that comes standard with the repository. Figure out what's messing up, or report back to us.