Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overdelivery shipping for make-to-order production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the following business scenario example:

We have a make-to-order production of carton boxes.

A customer places an order for 1000 UN.

Production is always planned with an overdelivery tolerance so the actual produced quantity for that particular order is 1050 UN.

The customer allows an overdelivery of 10% so it should be fine to ship the 1050 UN.

When I create the outbound delivery, the system creates it for the exact sales order amount: 1000 UN, even though there are 1050 UN produced for that order and item. So right now, the user has to manually modify the delivery quantity to match the actual stock.

Is there a standard way of configuring the system so that in the delivery creation the system selects the entire produced quantity (respecting the overdelivery tolerance)??

Do I need a user exit for this? In that case, which one should I use and what would be the logic for it?

Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

harry_wu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no easy way to influence delivery quantity in delivery processing by user exit or customer function.

At creation of an delivery FORM USEREXIT_BATCH_DETERMINATION in include MV50AFZZ would be the best option to influence the delivery quantity. Despite the name of this user exit it could be used for changing normal items as well and the main advantage of this user exit is that the ATP check is done afterwards.

If you change the delivery quantity please be aware that you have to ensure the consistency of all delivery quantity fields at item level (LIPS-LFIMG, LIPS-LGMNG, LIPS-LFIMG_FLO, LIPS-LGMNG_FLO). You could use FORM LIPS_QUAN_SET (Include FV50XFLP_LIPS_QUAN_SET) to synchronize all the quantity fields.

Regards,

Harry