cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC sender adapter - Real time scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am trying to retrieve small amount of data from oracle tables as such as real time means less time interval.

If i read the oracle table everytime, is there any performance issue arise ? Client 's question is if PI is reading everytime ?

Regards,

Vasudeva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Scenario Sender JDBC -Receiver RFC

And i need to update flag as i read the record from table.

So how can i configure sender JDBC to get the update back ( Flag) - Sync/async ?????

What are the steps required ?

0 Kudos

There is an option/field in the sender JDBC adapter. It will be last filed in the section where you type your "Select * from " statement. If you dont need to update any filed you can enter "<test> in that field. Or else write a proper "Update" statement in the same.

eg. Update table <tableName>.. or what ever it is like.

Thanks

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. I WANT TO KNOW ? HOW CAN I UPDATE THE FLAG ? JUST CONFIGURATION OR MESSEAGE MAPPING ALSO REQUIRED ?

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Async, you can do this, there is no need to Sync.

When you are picking data (Using JDBC Sender Communication Channel) from table using Select Statement, On Processing Tab, there is one option "QUERY SQL STATEMENT", you will write your Select here

like this

Select a, b, c from abc where flag = 'N".

Now for UPDATE Statement, there is one option "UPDATE SQL STATEMENT"

you will write your update flage query here

like this

UPDATE abc SET Flag = "Y" where flag = "N".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you sandeep.

Am i required to do messeage mapping also to update flag status ?

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your Scenario is JDBC Sender, you will pick data from Tables using JDBC Sender & SQL Statement, when you are picking data, at the same time your are updating flag.

Now data is in the table, you need to pass it to your RFC, you will pass required data in RFC function module, but for updating your SQL table, there is no need to use SYNC message or any message mapping.

Only message mapping is required at the time, when you are passing Sender Data to Target RFC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not required to do any message mapping to update the flag status. Need to write in Update SQL statement.

Thanks,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suppose you use the polling interval as 60 seconds. Then in the standard configuration, PI stay connected to the database all the time and the next polling will also happen in the same connection session. This will continue forever unless the system is disconnected for some reason.

If you wish to avoid this behavior, then use option "Disconnect from Database After Processing Each Message" in sender JDBC channel which ensure that the connection to database is terminated after each poll interval.

Regards,

Prateek

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there should not be any problem.

What is the amount of data being read? also what is the polling intervals?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its may be 500 records .

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to pick 500 records in one time & flag that 500 records as (READ).

Now when you will go to read new data again, you will read new records which are UNFLAGED.

There will not be any performance issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There would not any performace issue.

Use the Update SQL statement parameters:

Enter a valid SQL statement that is to be applied to the database once the data (determined from the Query SQL Statement) has been successfully sent to the Integration Server/PCK.

It must be an INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE statement.

Thanks,

Edited by: Hareenkumar on Aug 3, 2010 12:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasudeva,

There would not be any performance issue.

Use the paramter " Update SQL Statement". then it will not read the data which is already done.

Please refer the weblink below for configuring sender JDBC adapter.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm40/helpdata/en/7e/5df96381ec72468a00815dd80f8b63/content.htm