cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I would like to have a selection as below.

vendor master repository

when I click on Company code field, I should get all the Plants linked to a particular Company code selected. I should also be able to get the list of storage locatons for any plant selected.

as a tree it would like this

Company Code

---Plant

-

Storage locations

Can some one help me get this.

Thanks,

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Vinay,

So u intend to get data for all plants and storage location when clicked on comapny code..

and when refine your search to plants and storage location.

I suggest you to go for heirarchial table for achieving this and create hierarchy as u suggested,

You can in the main table have this heirarchial table as a look up table.

Have a look at the following link.

It shall help you to design your repository..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdmgds55/helpdata/EN/42/c2ca6449f41d64e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Tanveer.

<b>Please mark helpful answers</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

If you want to achieve this in MDM then in data manager create a taxonomy or heirarchy as needed.In that u can add fields as sibling or child to give you the required heirarchy you want.You can also create attributes if you require them associated with parent or child.Also If you want to import data from say excel file and u have a data in form 'companycode;plant;storage' as 1 field then you can use taxonnomy mode to look this information as heirarchy but you have to set a deliminator for this field as ';' and data will be presented to you in heirarchical form.

If you have any problem in creating in Taxonomy please free feel to revert back.

Please do mark helpful answers.

Regards

Vinay Swarup