cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populating Sales Group in VA01

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a functionality question that we cannot seem to accomplish in standard. When a user accesses the initial screen in VA01, they would like to enter a Sales Group that will copy onto the subsequent sales order. However, this does not work. I am thinking whatever is entered on the partner itself is overriding the entry on the VA01 screen, but most of our customers do not have this field populated in the customer master because it can vary per sales order.

Does anyone know of or is anyone using a workaround to override the standard where the sales group comes from the customer master? I know we can hide the sales group field via SHD0 but I am wondering why it's even available in the first place if the customer master is going to override it (even when the field is blank in the customer master)

Thanks for your input.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy

Long shot to reply now, but I'm curious about what you've learned about this problem.

I have the opposite problem to you: in 4.6C fields vkbur and vkgrp automatically populate from SAP memory, which we do not want. I have applied note 365864 and it makes no difference whatsoever. The fields are still populated on the initial screen of VA01, which then takes precedence over customer master data.

Any ideas on getting this resolved will be appreciated.

0 Kudos

Hmmm....that didn't work either. It didn't matter whether the sales office I entered matched the customer master sales office or not, the sales group did not come in. When the sales office I entered differed from what was on the customer master, the customer master sales office overrode it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, it is happening as I described at my current client. I am suspecting if you have any user exits in place. In our case we have a screen user exit which mandates a sales office to be entered in the opening screen, that's all.

Try with customers who are not populated with sales offices, may be you should leave Sales office open in the customer master as you did with sales group. I have a feeling Sales Office- Sales group relation is playing foul in your case.

Also did you see OSS note 655088 and tried with FCODE overview screen with options UER1/UER2 in VOV8?

Note 655088 - Incorrect sales office/sales group combination

Otherwise I am clueless, may be this is standard behavior. You may raise an OSS message or work with user exits to get your required results.

0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

However, the business requirement is to populate the sales group before selecting the partners on the sales order, on the initial screen where order type, sales org, distribution channel, division, etc are populated. An entry here is not carrying over to the sales order. Any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I misread your question the first time. I took it as ths sales order header screen (nside) when you meant the very first opening screen to create an order.

The workaround I propose is to enter the sales office in the opening screen also and then the sales group would stay as entered there, even if it is different from what's in the customer master. Of course the sales group should belong ( assigned) to that sales office.You can also force users to enter a sales office with a screen program/user exit. Search the forum for that topic if you want to do so. Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amy

In the standard the sales group is proposed from the customer master but you soul be able to modify it manually in the sales order header and that should stay.

If it is not happening so, You may be having a user exit which is resetting the sales group to the value from customer master. program MV45AFZZ- USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAK or such.

Have you assigned Sales Groups to Sales Offices in the Enterprise structure config? Or the sales employee (partner) has been assigned to a different Sales group in the user master record. If so may be there is a conflict ( i.e. Sales Group is not assigned to the Sales Office entered or determined) and is getting replaced by standard program or user exit.

Are you talking about this or about the sales group (whatever is entered in the source document) not getting copied to the subsequent document? If latter is the case then you need to see how data copy routine has been customized in your case.

Also take a look at these OSS notes which may be related to your issue, though they are from older releases.

655088 - Incorrect sales office/sales group combination

365864 - Sales office and sales group filled incorrectly

891876 - Sales office and sales group when order type changed

Hope this helps.