cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database command execution error. A SQL statement failed to execute.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I am getting the following error while importing using MDIS and import Manager.. Does any one has any idea about this?

I got the following error in the log file itself.. and the same Iam getting when I import Manully using Import Manager.. It has only one record and its xml source file.. I double checcked the source xml file it has the right values..

Database command execution error. A SQL statement failed to execute. The actual error may have been written to a log file.

Thanks

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev

Please have a look in the MDS server logfile(s). You'll find the failed SQL statement there. Send the failed statement (and messages returned by the database) to your DBAs. The most common causes are full data or log devices or changed permissions.

HTH,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I found in Server Log as

Create lookups failed. Database command execution error. A SQL statement failed to execute. The actual error may have been written to a log file.

RC: 0x84020007

Error: Import of Lookup Failed.

So it means the issue is with the mapping?? I have one two Qualifier Table... Does its the issue is?

I created another repository and imported this file.. It got imported successfully...

Thanks

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rajeev,

I never faced this situation.

but just a guess.

Please check in console that user have write record authorization or not.

Just try this.

Please get back to us with yr results.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been using this repository from 3-4 days and it has been successfully inserted 20,000 records with out any issues.. Suddenly I am getting this error...Dont know where the issue is. Usually file consists of 300 records..and it was failing all of a sudden.. so I took just one record and tried.. still the same error...

Yes it was write permission.

Regards,

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rajeev,

Please try out the steps that suuggest in this thread

Hope it resolve yr problem.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu